• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Marshall's(??!!)

JRB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartorialism
For 119 and 89, respectively? (Those were the prices on the RLPL and Canali's I saw yesterday.
I don't remember the exact prices, though the Canali was over $100. It surprised me, there's rarely anything over $50 there. I showed it to the wife and she laughed at me.

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the most part, Canali is crap. Especially their shirts.

When I wrote "for the most part" I was thinking that I like some of their sportscoats. After posting I realized that I am currently wearing a Canali SC, one of my favorites. And it's dumb to blast Canali "for the most part" when I'm going to have to flip the jacket here pretty soon (It's too big on me, as I keep losing weight, thanks God)....

biggrin.gif

jreigen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I wrote "for the most part" I was thinking that I like some of their sportscoats. After posting I realized that I am currently wearing a Canali SC, one of my favorites. And it's dumb to blast Canali "for the most part" when I'm going to have to flip the jacket here pretty soon (It's too big on me, as I keep losing weight, thanks God)....

biggrin.gif

I'd actully written a post taking exeption to your generalization, while you wrote this. I think it's more fair to say their shirts are ok, but overpriced at retail. The quality of their tailored clothing is just fine at its price point. It's not Kiton or Attolini, nor is it pretending to be. Stylistically it may not be for everyone, but that doesn't make it crap.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember shopping at Marshall's as a kid for discount shmatez. I never saw anything good there. Until today. I walked into a Marshall's by accident, really, and I couldn't believe what I saw: rows of RLPL shirts and jackets, racks of handmade shoes, Zegna shirts, etc. Is this an exception, or is it the new rule? Should I be sure to keep checking Marshall's?

Handmade made shoes by who and how much?

lurker[1].gif

kraands

Reaction score
Wow, I was unaware of the "runway" stores. I'm heading to my local TJMaxx tomorrow (can't believe I just said that)!

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pantherhare
The Marshall's designation is crap. According to their directory, all of the closest 20 stores to me have the "cube" designation.

Some "runway" or "cube" stores only go high-end in the women's section.

Sid

Reaction score
All the stores in Houston have the "Cube" designation and most are crap. The one across the street from the Galleria has the "Cube" designation list first, so maybe that's the qualifier for an actual better store. The Galleria Marshall's has had some of the best stuff I've ever seen in a Marshall's, but it comes in fits and starts. I have seen Purple & Blue label, Corneliani, etc. I saw and should have bought a purple lable cream silk jacket, but it was too pricey to be a "deal."

Bought an Aquascutum single-breasted peak lapel blazer there a few years ago for $100. Picked up a great Corneliani gray Donegal tweed sportcoat similarly priced. I used to haunt the place looking for deals though when I worked in the area. Haven't been in there in awhile. It's the only Marshall's in Houston that is worth checking out (imho). It now has a Nordstrom Rack next to it, so there's a reason to stop by and hit both.

Christmas is an interesting time to go in and see all the wealthy Mexican shoppers up from Monterrey and Mexico City buying everything up.

allaboutshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont believe "The Cube" means High End designer like RLPL or Corneliani. It just means they get current fashion styles and a decent amount of it, not just one or two pairs/jackets, so they may feature a womens boot by Guess or Steve Madden and make the whole "Cube" Steve Madden or Guess stuff

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by allaboutshoes
Edit: There are TJMaxx Stores (which is the same corporation TJX), which can be searched and found HERE. The ones with the "R" are runway stores
cheers.gif
and Thanks for the tip...just visited a local Runway TMaxx and some RLPL/BL, Aquascutum, Drakes and other items available...just waiting for the right sizes...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads