• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Any Sartoria Partenopea on sale at C21? Looking for 40 C

I don't remember seeing any Partenopea last time I was there. Why did I have an impression you were more statuesque than 40C?

Ed355

Reaction score
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
I don't remember seeing any Partenopea last time I was there. Why did I have an impression you were more statuesque than 40C?

They keep the Partenopea in an obscure corner, near the cashier at the balcony, and last time I checked, there were only 3 or 4 pieces. The Corneliani sportscoat for $280 sounds like an ok deal, though not something to get too excited about.

amblus

Reaction score
Daffy's has a pretty good supply of Incotex trousers in lots of sizes. Mostly casual cotton (flat front, medium slim fit) in all sorts of colors (some pretty weird). These were $17.99. Also some of the Sartoriale line wool trousers mixed in (mostly pleated of what I saw remaining). These were $49.99. Handfull of Zegna wool trousers in there as well. Lots of sizes.

I've only been to the 34th St and the Broadway near Grand stores, but the others probably have stock as well.

alebrady

Reaction score
just looking if anyone had any updated info...

anyone know if the turnbull and asser sale is still going on through next weekend? also heard that oxxford was having some sort of sale - any chance this is thru next weekend too (heading to nyc for the weekend and in the market for some suits, dress shirts, and shoes)

rajesh06

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alebrady
just looking if anyone had any updated info...

anyone know if the turnbull and asser sale is still going on through next weekend? also heard that oxxford was having some sort of sale - any chance this is thru next weekend too (heading to nyc for the weekend and in the market for some suits, dress shirts, and shoes)

Also is C&J at T&A on sale as well?

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Daffy's has a pretty good supply of Incotex trousers in lots of sizes. Mostly casual cotton (flat front, medium slim fit) in all sorts of colors (some pretty weird).
One of the best reasons to love Daffy's. Without Daffy's, I would not have odd trousers in pink, lavender, cherry red, etc. Every year more arrive, and no one buys them, and in the end they're often discounted to less than $10.

Ed355

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mack11211
One of the best reasons to love Daffy's. Without Daffy's, I would not have odd trousers in pink, lavender, cherry red, etc. Every year more arrive, and no one buys them, and in the end they're often discounted to less than $10.

So you wear odd pants in pink, lavender and cherry red? Those are pretty bold colors.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ed355
So you wear odd pants in pink, lavender and cherry red? Those are pretty bold colors.
I do. I have RLPL linens in lime green, sky blue, yellow, pastel pink, as well as your standard blacks and whites.

tedbearz

Reaction score
Went to Daffy's at Herald Square. The selection of Incotex was pretty slim. Bear in mind the labels have been cut.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Century 21 has some cool Dunhill outerwear. Also, Zanella trousers are marked down to $70. A few weird colors, but a few fantastic pairs at a great price.

There's a lot of Boglioli in size 40.

It may just be me, but it seems like most of the fabrics of the Boglioli suits/ jackets are very thick, stiff and heavy...

Union Sq. Filene's has a few Bullock & Jones flat front curduroys and argyle sweaters, including a nice zip neck cashmere (large sizes only), as well as a lonely blue heather Belvest balzer (42?)...

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
It may just be me, but it seems like most of the fabrics of the Boglioli suits/ jackets are very thick, stiff and heavy...

It's not just you. There are a couple of heavy lambswool tweeds that are pretty cool, though. And some of the suit materials aren't too rough.

frankie lee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Century 21 has some cool Dunhill outerwear. Also, Zanella trousers are marked down to $70. A few weird colors, but a few fantastic pairs at a great price.

There's a lot of Boglioli in size 40.

Any details about the Dunhill outerwear? Colors? Prices?

Also, I'm not familiar with the Boglioli label. What's it like? What was the going rate at C21? Thank you.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They had a covert coat, a couple of navy pea coats with leather trim, some others I can't remember. Maybe 12 coats in all. Prices $200-$400. Seemed to be a decent deal. I wouldn't leg it down there in a hurry, but if you're a larger size (42R and up), it's worth checking out.

Boglioli sportcoats were around $300, suits around $450. There are also great Isaia suits $700, and a few very nice Pal Zileri Sartoriale suits as well. For more on Boglioli:
http://styleforum.net/showthread.php...light=boglioli

There are a couple more threads somewhere.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads