1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by von Rothbart, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Morris

Morris Well-Known Member

Strolled into Paul Stuart this afternoon for their sale. Decent selection. In typical PS style, having 50 salespeople hovering is and will continue to be turn off.

Between the two extremes of "customer service" I would rather be completely ignored at T&A than deal with the swarms at Paul Stuart.

2. Morris

Morris Well-Known Member

Barbour 30% off.

Including, excluding Border, Beaufort jackets?

3. Dan G

Dan G Well-Known Member

Any of the PS Grensons on sale?

4. southgate house

southgate house Well-Known Member

purple label suits at the mansion are down to $1300.

5. romafan

romafan Well-Known Member

Any of the PS Grensons on sale?

Yes, or at least there were last week (when it was a 'private' sale). Pretty good selection - I think marked down to $375(?) [​IMG]

6. AJB

AJB Well-Known Member

Don't know if anyones posted it already but i stopped by the store on madsion and 53rd? yesterday and they had a decent sale on shirts:
    30% off already reduced stuff - I think from last season. Some black label, some linen some 170's. Also had ties reduced. If you look long enough you should be able to find something decent.

Shirts were b/w $69 - 130
    Ties $69-105

Best O Luck

7. chorse123

chorse123 Well-Known Member

Ties at Thomas Pink cost $70, on SALE! [​IMG]

8. rajesh06

rajesh06 Well-Known Member

Turnbull & Asser was a winner with regards to sales prices. Shirts @ $109 were not that attractive, but if you have stubby legs like mine (trousers with 31.5" inseams) were discounted to $75. There was an especially nice brown houndstooth that I wanted... Ties are also a good value at $30, and the remaining Chester Barrie suits are a steal at $700. I expect 42s and 44s to have the best luck.

Overall, almost nothng left in small sizes.

Was C&J running a sale as well or was it just on the T&A goods?

9. Ed355

Ed355 Well-Known Member

I received the following messege from a salesman in Oxxford:

"I wanted to invite you to our End Bolt Final Sale in anticipation of our move to Oxxford's brand new store, located at 717 Fifth Avenue (entrance on E.56th between 5th and Madison).

All end bolts are priced at $2295 for a suit, and $1995 for a sport jacket. This is a wonderful way to not only take advantage of a custom made suit, but also to add perhaps a special selection to your wardrobe."

Still very expensive compared to ebay prices, but I guess the whole experience is different.

10. romafan

romafan Well-Known Member

Borrelli sale starts next week...

11. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

I received the following messege from a salesman in Oxxford:

"I wanted to invite you to our End Bolt Final Sale in anticipation of our move to Oxxford's brand new store, located at 717 Fifth Avenue (entrance on E.56th between 5th and Madison).

All end bolts are priced at $2295 for a suit, and $1995 for a sport jacket. This is a wonderful way to not only take advantage of a custom made suit, but also to add perhaps a special selection to your wardrobe."

Still very expensive compared to ebay prices, but I guess the whole experience is different.

Ebay and Oxxford MTM are a far cry from one another...

And thanks for the tip, I see myself taking advantage of this.

12. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

Went to Oxxford today and picked two really nice fabrics. They have a large selection, and there's around 6 yards each - plenty.

13. bry2000

bry2000 Well-Known Member

Went to Oxxford today and picked two really nice fabrics. They have a large selection, and there's around 6 yards each - plenty.

Z, have you had suits MTM by Oxxford previously? If so, how did they come out?

14. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

Z, have you had suits MTM by Oxxford previously? If so, how did they come out?
    Never - these will be the first. I'm going with the natural shoulder model. The salesman, who ued to work at Zegna apparently, was very knowledgable about clothes and fabrics (where do you find that anymore?), and the "master tailor" insisted on waiting to fit me, as they did not have my size in stock and are overnighting it from Chicago so that they can fit me in it. Pretty good experience so far...

15. Ed355

Ed355 Well-Known Member

Never - these will be the first. I'm going with the natural shoulder model. The salesman, who ued to work at Zegna apparently, was very knowledgable about clothes and fabrics (where do you find that anymore?), and the "master tailor" insisted on waiting to fit me, as they did not have my size in stock and are overnighting it from Chicago so that they can fit me in it. Pretty good experience so far...

I think that's the same guy that sent me the e-mail. He's very nice and knowledgeable. If I had the appetite to spend $2k on a suit, I would most certainly use him.

16. chorse123

Syms (downtown at least) has Ralph Lauren Purple Label dress shirts, sport shirts (S,M,L), and a few formal shirts for $70 or $80. Forget which. Some terribly ugly, some wearable. Probably 75 shirts.

Century 21 has decent markdowns across the board. The prizes were a few Isaia suits for $700, down from $2500. Corneliani sportcoats are now $270.

17. RJman

RJman Well-Known Member

Any Sartoria Partenopea on sale at C21? Looking for 40 C

18. aportnoy

aportnoy Well-Known Member

I would check for you RJ but I just can't bring myself to go back to C21. It has to be the worst shopping experience in the New York.

19. coachvu

coachvu Well-Known Member

Let's hope this turns out better than your HF MTM fiasco.

20. chorse123

Didn't see ANY Sartoria Partenopea at all. Quite a bit of Boglioli, including a nice double breasted blazer in size 40R.