• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mad Men Season 5

Beetleything

Reaction score

That was just an instrumental cover, not the original recording and not by the Beatles.

BINGO!

Revolver was and is an iconic Beatle album.
The earlier Beatles stuff is pop - teen etc...
This was full on Psychedelic stuff.

Jesus when TNK kicked in it was just so amazing with Don sitting in his Eames style chair , whiskey in hand in that groovy sunken lounge with all those 60's style colours etc...

What a tune and it was The Beatles ....from the Master tapes as they say.

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That was just an instrumental cover, not the original recording and not by the Beatles.

Ahh okay.

Also I'm surprised Draper has matured. If Betty had gone on with her modeling revival, I'm not quite sure she would have gotten the same response from her husband.

Last edited:

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The musical thing is interesting. TV advertising in the 60s was very slow to catch on to rock music when pitching to youth. The music was usually some insipid TV house band's idea of rock, sans electric guitars, etc.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"I feel bad for you"
"I don't think about you at all"

:worship:

I really enjoyed this episode. Sally's reversal of Betty's plan was very satisfying to watch. Also enjoyed Roger's talk with Ginsburg. I also learned two new jew levels, Fiddler on the Roof cast and audience.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"I feel bad for you"
I really enjoyed this episode. Sally's reversal of Betty's plan was very satisfying to watch. Also enjoyed Roger's talk with Ginsburg. I also learned two new jew levels, Fiddler on the Roof cast and audience.

Yup, when Don said that I said out loud "OH ****!" What a burn.

Betty was being a fat miserable **** this episode. Watching that pig spray whipped cream into her mouth was gross and I love whipped cream.

Roger was in especially good form, though the money bit is getting tired.
How much time has passed this season? Betty got fat, now she's almost thin. Ginsburg was a new hire, now he's churned out a ton of work and is commenting on how long it's been since Don wrote something.

Time seems to pass quickly. We saw the two weeks between the visits from Don's kids pass by this episode at the minimum.

Also, Pete's in-office hookup, damn she was looking good. Nice side bewbage. :embar:

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

"I feel bad for you"

Was going to post this. Easily the high point of a rather good ep.

Other stuff:

Once again Megan is the smartest kid on the block. Totally foiled Betty's evil plot.

Roger is wtfpwning things lately. He was a cad though to christen the new apartment with his soon to be ex. I am hoping there is a showdown between Roger and Peter and that Roger comes out top dog on that one.

Peggy is becoming such a female Don.

Enjoy that Cooper is actually driving some plot items again, i.e. Manischewitz

Peter is so caught up in himself followed by a close second with that other guy's wife. Totally knew it was a dream sequence particularly when she mentioned wanting to be with him after seeing him in the paper. So Peter. Also, agree, excellent side boobage.

Last edited:

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Loved Betty getting her **** handed to her. What a nasty character. Sally is an annoying brat but she's smart and played her mom hilariously.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think Betty's char is that dislikable, Just childish. The conniving she does is the same as Sally did to her. The most hated females TV chars include Tony's sister on The Sopranos, and Skyler from Breaking Bad.

I don't think Roger breaking out the bills is tiring. The man is kind of inexperienced in his office politics, and has loads of cash. I see every time he offers someone in creative money a point of weakness.

I'm not quite getting the fish thing. All the pieces are there, but I'm not sure how to connect them. Roger in the elevator talking about how fishing is Man Vs man, determined by the poundage of the fish. Betty concerned about her weight Vs. Megans. Betty looking at the whale with 3 harpoons in it. Henry saying he cant stand fish 5 nights a week.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I didn't understand Jane's bitterness at Roger. I mean, she was a participant, no? the idea that he "ruined' the palce for her just seems childish.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I didn't understand Jane's bitterness at Roger. I mean, she was a participant, no? the idea that he "ruined' the palce for her just seems childish.

It is childish, but its a woman thing. Many chicks have a breakup and get a new bed. She wanted a new life. Now Roger's seeded the floor.

Loved Don's line "I feel bad for you" and his reply "really, I dont think about you at all".

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics