• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire and Styleforum Leather jackets - Official thread

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I owe the forum some pics and further thoughts, but I wanted to say that I just took delivery of the final jacket and it is amazing. Worth the back-and forth, worth the extra for jacket, &c. The leather is thick and tough without being stiff, the Talon zippers give it a heritage-type vibe without clashing with the modern cut, and the fit is about as good as it gets with overseas MTM. A big shout-out to Ashish et al.

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m in the process of getting a leather jacket from Luxire. I know everyone has preferences, but I want something comfortable to wear, and I’m comsidering a biswing back. Are those appropriate for a “fashion jacket”? I found the canvass trial cut into my armpits when arms are held somewhat up (or if I cross my arms) even though the back is not tight when hands are by the side. I don’t mind a bit bulkier, and I searched for an hour and can’t find much discussion about the biswing back from non motorcyclists.

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn’t realise but @notwithit ’s jacket has a biswing back and now I’m convinced to get it too.

Would love to see photos of the final product if he can post them, as I’m getting something very similar.

I wonder if leather would have more give + stretch than the canvas so maybe I don’t need to compensate too much.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t realise but @notwithit ’s jacket has a biswing back and now I’m convinced to get it too.

Would love to see photos of the final product if he can post them, as I’m getting something very similar.

I wonder if leather would have more give + stretch than the canvas so maybe I don’t need to compensate too much.
I haven't seen @notwithit 's jacket, but bi-swing backs just give a little more freedom of movement to a jacket, and is a pretty traditional feature on moto jackets. I like them sometimes, though typically have very little practical need for them.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Yes to having a biswing back on, and I'll try to get a photo at some point when it's not snowing an inch an hour. I like them in terms of additional freedom of movement, although it may not be 100% necessary.

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great! Thanks. Yeah as long as it's not hugely clunky and make me look ridiculous I think I'd like to get it. Would like your thoughts on the leather of the jacket as well and whether it has give, and how it aged.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Couple of quick pics (in sub-optimal light):

IMG_20180326_090104066_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20180326_090047471_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20180326_085954216_HDR~2.jpg

Not much give to the leather yet, but TBH I haven't work it that much yet. IME most leather will have at least a little give to it (or confirm to your body) with enough wear. I'm anticipating it'll take will enough.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads