• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire and Styleforum Leather jackets - Official thread

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luxire and Styleforum Leather Jackets

As some of you may know, we've been working with Luxire on making and designing some leather jackets with modern cuts and details, but inspired by iconic designs, specifically, a Brimaco cafe racer (and some inspirations from other cafe racers,) and a Lewis Leathers Lightning.

All jackets are made with:
Full grain leather tanned for Luxire with minimal processing,
Talon metal trims.
Choice of standard and premium lining: Cotton twill, viscose, corduroy, silk
Constructed using global best practices
Customer Service: If the jacket does not fall within the acceptance parameters stated below, Luxire will alter/remake at their cost.

Cafe racer

Double breasted rider

How to order a jacket:
Please order the jacket directly through the Luxure site, and remember to use the introductory codes:

Prices: $775 standard patterns (USD)
MTM for all options: + $75 USD
Early bird and "screwed by ToJ" discounts available.
For the first month, all orders will be $50 off the regular price. There will be an additional $50 discount for those who can show that they have an outstanding ToJ jacket, for the first 3 months.

The code to use for the $50 introductory discount is: THELAGUY
The code for TOJ victims is SFFORSTOJ

Standard products:
http://custom.luxire.com/products/leather-rider-jacket-1

http://custom.luxire.com/products/leather-moto-jacket-standard
MTM products:
http://custom.luxire.com/products/leather-rider-jacket
http://custom.luxire.com/products/leather-moto-jacket

Please follow all the steps outlined below for measurements for MTM.
Please address all specific questions about your particular order to Luxire, through their website, directly. If you have any questions in general, you are of course welcome to post them here.

For MTM orders: You have the option of getting a heavy canvas fit jacket (+$150) - this jacket will be in dyeable canvas, and finished to a standard that it can be used for regular wear. There is always some degree of uncertainty in MTM jackets. Using the fit jacket, we can make adjustments to the pattern more accurately, to increase the likelihood of a well fitting final jacket.

When will I get my jacket?
Conservatively, you should receive your jacket between 6-8 weeks from when you place your order. Please note that any requested changes after an order has been submitted are at the discretion of Luxire, and may not always be possible since your jacket may already be in production. Any changes requested will add additional time for completion of your jacket. If you choose custom leathers, the lead time will increase by 2 months.

What leathers are available for the jackets?
Black goat, 2.5 ounces
Black calf, 3 ounces
Navy calf, 3 ounces
Whiskey calf, 3 ounces.
Additional options: Custom colors are also available, but this will increase the delivery time by + 8 weeks (since the leather will have to be specially ordered) and will cost $150 extra.

What Hardware is used in the jackets?
Front closure: 2 way #10 Talon zippers, #10 zipper in either Nickel or Antique finish
Pocket closure: Your choice of #5, #8, and #10 Talon zippers, with either flat or cylindrical pulls. For zippers, brown, black, and dyeable white cotton tape is available.
Snap buttons: nickel or antique finishes.
Additional options: Non-standard hardware will take 2 months and will cost $150 extra.

Note: For front main closure can be done in custom color but in antique finish, #10no.Nickel will be in black

Note: For front main closure can be done in custom color but in antique finish.
In nickel only black and brown can be made. Nickel will be in black and brown.

Standard Measurements Chart

Measuring yourself for MTM (please read and follow these instructions as closely as possible):
The Double Rider's leather jacket.

How to take Measurements:
Note: The measurement tape should be straight while taking the measurements, Please ignore looseness of the tape in images.

1. Front length from below collar point (neck seam)to bottom end.
2. Across chest 6” below bottom of the neck seam.
3. Half chest from pit-seam to pit-seam.
4. Waist: 7” below half chest.
5. Half bottom
6. Half shoulder from collar point (neck seam) to sleeve head.
7. Yoke (Shoulder) from sleeve head(point) to sleeve head (point).
8. Across back from 5” below yoke.
9. Back across chest below 5 “ across chest.
10. Sleeve length from shoulder head to cuff end.
11. In sleeve length from armhole point to cuff end.
12. Bicep from armhole below point in straight angle
13. Half sleeve opening
14. Front Armhole from sleeve head to armhole point (where armhole seam meets the body)
15. Back armhole from sleeve head to armhole point (where armhole seam meets the body)
16. Back length from collar point to bottom edge.
17. Shoulder slop: Normal/straight/sloping

Measuring yourself for MTM (please read and follow these instructions as closely as possible):
Cafe Racer

Hardware:
All hardware used on Luxire leather jackets are from Talon.

Pull tab options:
1) Nickel Finish flat and antique finish front pulls and pocket closure are available. Should below are the pulls for zippers with #5, #8 and #10 gauge.

2) Zipper pull options for pockets only if you decide to use #5 zippers:
Regular flat or Cyclindrical pulls in nickel or antique finish.

LL

Right now, we have three colors of tape available: white dyeable cotton, black, and whiskey/light brown.

All the snaps are available in either nickel or antique finishes:

Nickle #5no one way flat pull, pocket closure in two color(black & brown)

Antique #5 no one way flat pull, pocket closure (cotton dyeable and black)

Front closure options:
1) Nickel finish #10 flat pull 2 way open end zippers (brown or black)

2) Nickel and antique finish #10 flat pullar 2 way open end zippers (brown, black, or white cotton dyeable).

Last edited:

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you Fok.
Glad to see this thread as the culmination of our efforts for the last 10 months.

It has been a wonderful ride, working with tanneries to get the right leather, the whole struggle of getting quality zippers, hardware and the multiple trials to master the pattern have all been very educative.

I hope our attention to detail and focus on the extremes of quality will lead to great satisfaction among members who will be buying these jackets.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'll be the jerk who asks first: can we get a collar up on that moto?
Worth asking Luxire. It was on my list of stuff to do. I mean, they can definitely do collars, but a leather collar is a bit different. If you want to do it MTM, I can certainly consult with them about that, and possibly make it a standard option, but for the time being, there is no pattern for it.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks fantastic but sizing looks to run huge, I would be a small (?) according to measurement chart. That and the prices seem high for luxire goods considering they are usually price leaders for MTM-type stuff. Would love to see how it stacks up to Falcon but dont have money to gamble at this point in time.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks fantastic but sizing looks to run huge, I would be a small (?) according to measurement chart. That and the prices seem high for luxire goods considering they are usually price leaders for MTM-type stuff. Would love to see how it stacks up to Falcon but dont have money to gamble at this point in time.
A medium is based on a size 40 US, so yeah, from what I know, you would possibly be a small.

Prices are pretty low considering that MTM is $850, and right now, $800. That is lower than ToJ even a few years ago (well, here you will actually get a jacket, so that is a plus), and the leather is standardized and ime, of good quality (all the samples are in my possession right now). The hardware is all Talon, which is a classic.

Understand that you don't want to gamble. I think that the best way to NOT do that is to get the canvas fit jacket and got MTM. That adds to the cost, but I asked Luxire to make sure that the canvas jacket is cut and finished to be an actual, wearable jacket, so you essentially get a second jacket for $150.

Last edited:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Worth asking Luxire.  It was on my list of stuff to do.  I mean, they can definitely do collars, but a leather collar is a bit different.  If you want to do it MTM, I can certainly consult with them about that, and possibly make it a standard option, but for the time being, there is no pattern for it.

Yeah, I might be up for that. I just sold my beloved ToJ whiskey CM after finally admitting to myself that it was too small in the chest, so there's a bit of a gap in my wardrobe right now.

Why no back gussets on the moto? Just asking.

Good call, I hadn't noticed that. I do enjoy me some back gussets. Can they potentially be tacked onto the moto as well?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why no back gussets on the moto? Just asking.
I wanted a really clean back. No one is likely to be riding a bike on this (though, if you want that, I suggest increasing the arm length and body length, like the original Brimaco), and so there is no realy need for the gussets, which I felt were a bit bulky. We had a sample with gussets though.

Yeah, I might be up for that. I just sold my beloved ToJ whiskey CM after finally admitting to myself that it was too small in the chest, so there's a bit of a gap in my wardrobe right now.
Good call, I hadn't noticed that. I do enjoy me some back gussets. Can they potentially be tacked onto the moto as well?
Possibly. I mean, for the MTM, there are a lot of possibilities, and obviously, we have done back gussets, since the Rider has them in the standard pattern, but I would personally recommend against adding too much to the pattern. That's just my personal opinion though, and ultimately, you, not I, will be wearing this thing.

0JSIMPS0N

Reaction score
The moto looks great, may order one. Question on behalf of myself and all non-US folks. Will you be able to mark as gift/low value for customs?

Also, fit pics would be very helpful

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The moto looks great, may order one. Question on behalf of myself and all non-US folks. Will you be able to mark as gift/low value for customs?

Also, fit pics would be very helpful
These are questions best asked via PM. The stuff with ship from India, so...

Re. fit pics - I would, but they are hard without a good photog, and ours is a couple of states away, so...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads