• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LOST: Season 5

bc78

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mgoose
I'm pretty sure "the island" won't let ben die, or something along those lines, but yes I am intersted as to how they are going to resolve all this.

Totally agree. I don't think we've seen the last of older Ben, or maybe even young Ben.

dinted voice

Reaction score
I just wonder how the events would change if Ben were killed?

I guess we got the reason that Ben killed Locke, to get Sayid to come back and get Hurley.

I bet that Ben had something to do with that "family in Guam" that wanted Sayid deported as well.

Mr. Caber

Reaction score
The moral here is for Sayid to NEVER hook up with a woman he does not want dead or kicking/shooting him. I mean seriously, for the "handsome lethal foreign" type he's got pretty bad luck with the skirts...

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Finally. An episode where the ending wasn't predictable.

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ben can't die. Sayid always shoots him. Ben always survives. But how? The kid was shot in the heart.

The only way out of this is for there to be some major curveball.. maybe that wasn't Ben Linus. Or he was wearing a bullet proof vest.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I read Jack could possibly enter doctor-mode to try and save him next episode.

Sayid tries to kill Ben then Jack tries to save him (AGAIN). Lots of parallels to the past. Or is that the future?

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Finally. An episode where the ending wasn't predictable.

That ending was totally predictable? But that was one of the better episodes all-around.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I didn't find it predictable, i kept thinking Sayid was going to kill ben's dad. Until I saw it was Jin I just assumed somehow lil' ben was somehow going to coerce sayid into killing his father or something.

I think at the end of this season I am going to have to re-watch all 5 seasons in order to remember everything thats happened.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheessus
That ending was totally predictable? But that was one of the better episodes all-around.
I'm sorry. I guess a kid getting shot from point-blank range hadn't crossed my mind at the time. Both LaFleur and He's Our You are definitely stand-outs. I expected more from their Sayid though. Drug-laced sugarcubes? Eff that.

MHH89

Reaction score
Little Ben will live because the Island needs him and will cure him. Some examples of the Island curing people are John Locke's paralysis being cured, Rose's cancer being cured, and Locke not dying when Ben capped him and left him for dead.

Personally I would like to see Ben killed off for all the people he has harmed but I want to see Locke take him out.

Mike

Reaction score
Originally Posted by briancl
Ben can't die. Sayid always shoots him. Ben always survives. But how? The kid was shot in the heart.

The only way out of this is for there to be some major curveball.. maybe that wasn't Ben Linus. Or he was wearing a bullet proof vest.

The speculation that I read on Lostpedia is that Ben had the doll that the girl he liked gave him in his flashback episode last season{?} in his pocket and the bullet hit that and didn't go in him.

i kept thinking Sayid was going to kill ben's dad. Until I saw it was Jin I just assumed somehow lil' ben was somehow going to coerce sayid into killing his father or something.
That's what i was thinking, because of the flashback early in the episode with Sayid's dad being a tyrant over him and his brother about being a man.

Cas Ruffin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DeCaloFashion1

Did they actually show little Linus dead? Or just shot?

I'm gonna say, for the sake of futile logic, that the kid got shot in the heart. A shot in the heart = dead. And the only way to (now breaking away from logic) keep Ben in the show is to bring Little Ben back to life from death.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads