• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LOST: Season 5

dinted voice

Reaction score
I guess the buddhists were right in regards to Sayid "we are the creators of our own misery.". He essentially caused Ben to be the monster that tortured him and his friends!

Chris2289

Reaction score
Wouldn't Sayid shooting Ben affect himkilling all of the Dharma Initiative with the gas (series 3 flashback i believe) unless that has already happened in 1977?

I can't believe next season will be the last. I'm still hoping for the Hurley & Charlie Spin Off comedy series!!!

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dinted voice
We obviously know the past can be changed....just look at Farrady meeting with Desmond and giving him the order to go to Oxford. Perhaps only certain things can be changed, but whatever it is cannot alter the future a great deal. In Desmond's case all that encounter did was give him a memory, nothing substantial was changed.

You have to understand that Desmond is special though. Him turning the key at the end of Season 2 definitely affected him somehow for reasons not explained. Not to mention he was time traveling way before it became trendy. I doubt the same could be said about the other castaways.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chris2289
Wouldn't Sayid shooting Ben affect himkilling all of the Dharma Initiative with the gas (series 3 flashback i believe) unless that has already happened in 1977?

I can't believe next season will be the last. I'm still hoping for the Hurley & Charlie Spin Off comedy series!!!

I think Sayid shooting Ben and them taking them to the other is what causes Ben to kill everyone. Remember that all of this happening is part of the normal timeline.

I think the year after next is the last. I believe last year they said there were 3 seasons left. This is 1 of three.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by visionology
I think the year after next is the last. I believe last year they said there were 3 seasons left. This is 1 of three.
On May 7, 2007, ABC Entertainment President Stephen McPherson announced that Lost will end during the 2009–2010 season with a "highly anticipated and shocking finale." Executive producers Lindelof and Cuse stated that they "always envisioned Lost as a show with a beginning, middle, and end," and that by announcing when the show would end that viewers would "have the security of knowing that the story will play out as we've intended." Lindelof and Cuse stated that securing the 2010 series-end date "was immensely liberating" and helped the series rediscover its focus. Lindelof noted, "We're no longer stalling." Matthew Fox stated that he is the only cast member who knows the ending of the show.
On another note, I'm wondering what happened to Rose and Bernard. It's just been bugging me for a while.
confused.gif

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find it confusing that they put such a huge emphasis on Walt the first two seasons and made him so important yet now they only throw him in once every 20 episodes for a cameo.

Mr. Caber

Reaction score
Add it to the list of unexplained-and-ignored-plot-points, like Kate's horse and Smokeymonster.
Also, whither Faraday?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As awesome as Lost was during its first season, the writer's had no idea what was going to happen next. Walt is one of the most fitting examples of this. I suppose now the writers can use the crutch that it was the time-traveling loop that was behind all the mysteries (i.e. whispers, Walt appearing out of nowhere, Kate's horse, etc.).

k4ppah

Reaction score
Originally Posted by raidersreceiver8
people still watch this?

You've obviously never watched Lost if you can't understand why...

Survivor on the other hand is in, what, it's 19th season? I don't know how people can watch the same thing in 19 different seasons.

unrated

Reaction score
What happened to Faraday? Ever since they were stuck in the 70's I haven't seen Faraday around. I don't remember what happened to him.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Eff Faraday. We all know he has an important role later on. I want to know about Rose, Bernard, Vincent the dog, who was shooting at them in the boat, Clair, etc.
frown.gif

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think rose and bernard went back to the cave and are gonna be the 2 skeletons they found back at the beginning of the series.

the creators have always known what was gonna happen. the problem was that ABC held out on giving them an end date for the show so they had to add a bunch of filler **** until they nailed down a set amount of episodes. hopefully they'll cover most of it but some things will fall by the wayside.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads