• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking nice-ish in summer heat

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mensimageconsultant.com
Tencel-blend jeans are another lightweight option.

Hmm... any examples?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Yeah... Speaking of fat Americans, I just pulled them out and remembered that these linen jeans also don't stretch. And it looks like I need to lay off the beer for a while.

You still wearing the ring denim ones, those were amazing, especially at the price....I love mine, for some reason they "dress up" better than new standards.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
You still wearing the ring denim ones, those were amazing, especially at the price....I love mine, for some reason they "dress up" better than new standards.
Wearing them today, actually. They definitely are amazing. Mine still have barely faded at all and I've washed them 5-6x by now.

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore jeans and AA tee shirts to S. Florida last summer and felt like the only guy in town in long pants. It sucks because I look like a tool in shorts (also, Im a pasty Seattlite so I burn easy). I'm going back down in late April and so far I've decided I need light-colored Chucks, jeans again (ugh...) and purchasing some light, slim-fitting button-ups from J. Crew. However, it still sounds like I'm going to sweat ****** off. I have a pair of white pinstripe cotton/linen pants from H&M but they look fairly goofy on me and have a weird bootcut look to them.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude. **** jeans. If you're coming to SoFla, you need real shorts or you will be uncomfortable. I promise. I live there. Decent shorts are really not as hard to come by as people think they are, and with the right cut you certainly will not look like a tool. Check out the shorts for spring thread, there are some good options in there if you don't know where to go, or PM me and I'll try and scrounge up some stuff for you.

Also, thin cotton polos are your friend, as are s/s button ups, hard to find good ones but they're out there. Also, don't be afraid to rock the t-shirt. It is very easy to pull of the t-shirt + rolled pants + boat shoes/mocs look and keep it stylish.

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
Dude. **** jeans. If you're coming to SoFla, you need real shorts or you will be uncomfortable. I promise. I live there. Decent shorts are really not as hard to come by as people think they are, and with the right cut you certainly will not look like a tool. Check out the shorts for spring thread, there are some good options in there if you don't know where to go, or PM me and I'll try and scrounge up some stuff for you.

Also, thin cotton polos are your friend, as are s/s button ups, hard to find good ones but they're out there. Also, don't be afraid to rock the t-shirt. It is very easy to pull of the t-shirt + rolled pants + boat shoes/mocs look and keep it stylish.

I'd love to try to do that last look you mentioned. I had some Sperrys last year but they chewed my feet up bad. I'm wondering if a leather model would be nicer to my feet. I'll definately be out for some button ups. Shorts, well we shall see. Would you recommend J Crew for most of this stuff?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
It's all about the Uniqlo linen/cotton jeans for summer.
uniqlol17ie.jpg

Shortly after this post, a crackhead stole these when I left my bike parked with my backpack strapped on it. Burn, Capitol Hill!
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I stand by these, both crushed linen. Shorts are a must in real hot and humid weather. If you live somewhere with a real summer (80% humidity) then jeans don't fly unless you're going for a midnight walk.
img1747nz9.jpg

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Shortly after this post, a crackhead stole these when I left my bike parked with my backpack strapped on it. Burn, Capitol Hill!

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Why would you do such a thing? Don't you know, crackheads will steal your half eaten sandwich out from under you.

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eason,

What kind of shoes would go with that getup besides flip-flops? I really like BoA topsiders but wonder how that would go over. I think I could possibly pull off the shorts. You know what I look like (but think +10 pounds more muscle that when u last saw me).

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Why would you do such a thing? Don't you know, crackheads will steal your half eaten sandwich out from under you.
I've learned my lesson.
frown.gif

Composer_1777

Reaction score
If it's above 85 + only shorts and T's, Summer is about colors. In south USA and Australia wearing pants in the summer is like... purposefuly torchering yourself.

For dress up occasions, its tough but i go with the lightest cotton pants i can find and a SS B/D; then pray there is no sweat stains on ******.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm the type of guy that wears denim in the summer, even in florida. This year though I'm gonna change that. I'm going to be wearing chinos, grey shorts, sandals, and some sweet sunglasses that I need to buy

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads