• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lighthouse Keeper position, worth it?

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Reread the ad, I think it called for a Light Housekeeper to clean-up someone else's mess
wink.gif

henrikc

Reaction score
I once spent two nights in a lighthouse. It was a great place - nice views, could crawl up in a chair and listen to the waves, the seagulls and the crackling fire.
However, this was a preserved monument, so no electricity at all. It was a pain ********** to get that fire going and the first night it never got hot. Turns out it was some kind of old fashioned fire place that we used wrong.
The point is, it could be a great job, but there might be a few drawbacks.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I actually once was in a lecture where they discussed this as one of those jobs that can be seen from two very differnt perspectives.

1. very little work, a lot of free time, nobody watching you work, freedom if you do what you are supposed to do

2. huge responsibility, a lot of multitasking - keeping things going, fixing things, checking things, working with limited resources.

If you have nothing else going, and you want a little time and don't get lonely, I'd do it. I think it gives you a lot of time for reading/studying/excersize, on top of that you can spin this well for afuture career - the responsiblity, having to improvise, no close suporvision

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
pro: sounds like a great place to bring chicks (or at least for uninterrupted fapping)

con: also sounds like the opening scene of a horror movie

Milpool

Reaction score
Well, do you have a better option in hand for making that money? If no, then yes, go for the position.

And I do agree that it would be a great way to catch up on reading, writing, fapping, etc.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you gonna get raped.

It might be semi - cool, but I think the romance of it all will end quickly. Probably a lot of rats and scary stuff in there.

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i only have two random job fetishes: lighthouse keeper, and gravedigger. lighthouse keeper is less creepy/stephen king, and therefore much less lame. do it.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DO IT!

Seriously, if I was younger, I would jump all over this job. I could only wish I had that much free time to read/draw/write/do just about anything. Granted, there will be responsibilities, but you could learn some very useful skills. Not necessarily useful in the professional sense, but manly fix-it type skills that may impress the ladies some day.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This would be a great job. Along the same lines, working in a firetower would be cool (I think Kerouac did this). I love lighthouses - our little beach house is about a mile or so from this light:
Attachment 47895

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I want to marry a lighthouse keeper
And keep him company.
And live by the side of the sea.
I'll polish his lamp by the light of day
So ships at night can find their way.
Won't that be okay!
We'll take walks along the moonlight bay
Maybe find a treasure too.
I'd love living in a light house,
HOW 'BOUT YOU?
The dream of living in a lighthouse baby, every single day.
The dream of living in a lighthouse,
the white one by the bay.
So if you want to make my dreams come true,
You'll be a lighthouse keeper too.
We could live in a lighthouse
The white one by the bay,hey hey.
Won't that be okay.
Yada tada ta ta ta.

Mind you I'm not proposing ... I just like the song.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
if it has wi-fi go for it and if it doesnt just rent the shining and watch what happens when you get cabin/lighthouse fever

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads