• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Levis 501 new fit

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by furo
I'm not an expert in STF by any means, but this looks terrible by any standard. I don't see the appeal in having a seat that looks this poor, not to mention the over-creased mid thigh to knee region. If you're a shorter guy like me at 5'7" this will look even worse as it creates a midget-like appearance.

MC get out

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
What's MC? EDIT: Oh, men's clothing. Never mind.

Fiddy

Reaction score
For the haters...
smile.gif

(2 days of wear)

501stf.jpg

...and for reference, the photo taken immediately after the soak.

501-stf-postsoak.jpg

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fiddy that 2 day pic looks a hell of a lot better. The post-soak pic showed massive hip flare. That appears to be gone.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fiddy, the fit looks good.

They might look a little stiff and awkward right now, but doesn't all raw denim? Give it some time, the creases and stacking will settle and look more natural.

Originally Posted by Robert
Slept in my first pair (Dominican Republic made) last night. I'm trying to wear mine as much as possible after work since I can't wear them during the work day generally.

Ha! This will be my plan as well. I'm going to join the MyNudies 2010 STF contest, but I have to figure a way to wear these things as much as possible. Perhaps I'll start skateboarding more to try and quicken the break-in process.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fiddy
For the haters...
smile.gif

(2 days of wear)

501stf.jpg

...and for reference, the photo taken immediately after the soak.

501-stf-postsoak.jpg

The 2nd day pics do look better, but I'm just not a fan. When exactly are they supposed to look "natural?" After how many wearings?

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 2nd day pics do look better, but I'm just not a fan. When exactly are they supposed to look "natural?" After how many wearings?

Not sure about 501 STF, but it took my APC NS around 3 weeks to settle into place. Raw denim is a marathon, not a sprint.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

120 days or 500 miles, whichever comes first.

Honestly, if you hate them so much, what are you doing here?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84
Fiddy, the fit looks good.

They might look a little stiff and awkward right now, but doesn't all raw denim? Give it some time, the creases and stacking will settle and look more natural.

Ha! This will be my plan as well. I'm going to join the MyNudies 2010 STF contest, but I have to figure a way to wear these things as much as possible. Perhaps I'll start skateboarding more to try and quicken the break-in process.

Also am doing daily rolling around on the carpet with my Golden Retriever. Interested to see what a sheath of blonde hair will do to these.

Fiddy

Reaction score
Also am doing daily rolling around on the carpet with my Golden Retriever. Interested to see what a sheath of blonde hair will do to these.

laugh.gif

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
120 days or 500 miles, whichever comes first.

Honestly, if you hate them so much, what are you doing here?

Trying to decide if it's worth it to buy them, but will lurk and see what other fit pics show up here

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Trying to decide if it's worth it to buy them, but will lurk and see what other fit pics show up here

Oh, OK. Well, they're not for everybody. You gotta have some patience with the break-in process. I think it's a versatile jean, that is, different people get different things out of it depending on their preferences for fit and fading and all that. But I think that's also the virtue of the 501.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KingCaru