• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He represented truth in advertising, at the very least.
I wonder to what extent he's had to clean up his public presence to retain his job in academia. As a self-proclaimed "petit bourgeois" with an extensive gun collection, his only "academic" career options would have been with another famous former denizen of these parts. I'm sure that "institution" pays well, though!

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

For a few years, I collected screenshots of strangely angry messages online related to fashion, often culled from the Wall Street Journal's comment section (and, of course, StyleForum). Jacob Gallagher's posts are a great resource for this sort of thing because he writes about very niche fashion topics for a very general audience, often people who have no interest in fashion (or clothing) but read about it anyway. So they're prone to getting unreasonably mad in the comment section.

Was going to publish a long post one day with all these screenshots. Just one weirdly grumpy comment after another about clothing.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For a few years, I collected screenshots of strangely angry messages online related to fashion, often culled from the Wall Street Journal's comment section (and, of course, StyleForum). Jacob Gallagher's posts are a great resource for this sort of thing because he writes about very niche fashion topics for a very general audience, often people who have no interest in fashion (or clothing) but read about it anyway. So they're prone to getting unreasonably mad in the comment section.

Was going to publish a long post one day with all these screenshots. Just one weirdly grumpy comment after another about clothing.
Sounds like an amusing idea for a thread here on SF.

jack webb

Reaction score
This idea of cataloging angry online commentary reminds me of a particularly incendiary poster who used to frequent one of the Yahoo Finance message boards. Beyond a certain age language loses its capacity to shock, you think you've heard it all. So thought I, before encountering this guy's astonishingly crude, vulgar, and profane outbursts. He didn't merely string cuss words together, but wielded them with creativity and flair. You knew at once you were in the presence of a master. This was maybe fifteen years ago, but I'd like to think these pearls exist on an old server somewhere. They ought to be preserved for posterity in the Library of Congress. It had been my intention to print them out for further study but, of course, I didn't.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This idea of cataloging angry online commentary reminds me of a particularly incendiary poster who used to frequent one of the Yahoo Finance message boards. Beyond a certain age language loses its capacity to shock, you think you've heard it all. So thought I, before encountering this guy's astonishingly crude, vulgar, and profane outbursts. He didn't merely string cuss words together, but wielded them with creativity and flair. You knew at once you were in the presence of a master. This was maybe fifteen years ago, but I'd like to think these pearls exist on an old server somewhere. They ought to be preserved for posterity in the Library of Congress. It had been my intention to print them out for further study but, of course, I didn't.
The best part of the "The Boys" is the way Karl Urban can convey deep ideas simply by weaving the C-word and F-bomb multiple times into every sentence.

Last edited:

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

angry-old-man-parker.gif

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I wonder to what extent he's had to clean up his public presence to retain his job in academia. As a self-proclaimed "petit bourgeois" with an extensive gun collection, his only "academic" career options would have been with another famous former denizen of these parts. I'm sure that "institution" pays well, though!

If you're referring to my alma mater in Michigan, they do have a good rifle and shotgun program these days.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're referring to my alma mater in Michigan, they do have a good rifle and shotgun program these days.
Ha, didn't know about Hillsdale. I assumed he was at Claremont. This polymath is (in my humble opinion) sufficiently talented to teach in a good (famous) place so was surprised that he'd end up in the 285th nationally ranked institution. I am further surprised to see that Hillsdale is excluded from rankings for administrative reasons - looks like a nice enough place!

Bromley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Would make a good zine

Daniel Hakimi

Reaction score

/r/NavyBlazer is the place you wanna go:

tMql8OW.png

Also, some facebook groups are pretty funny like these internally inconsistent shenanigans. Not toxic, just hilarious.

odVciS4.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads