• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leggings have got to stop

GlenCoe

Reaction score
why so much hate? they are hip and fashionable

6571_1189224372442_1283321486_30566813_5740789_n.jpg

6571_1189224252439_1283321486_30566810_5795390_n.jpg

a-rock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dave333
In the end, hot women are hot. Granted they will look hotter in some outfits then others, but they can wear almost anything and be hot. Even sweats, if they have a pretty face, they'll still be attractive.

^This...
I like leggings because it allows women to wear hemlines that are way shorter than they'd otherwise wear. The trade-off is you sometimes see some fatties. Oh well... Some women, I'd rather not see their cleavage but I'm all for cleavage in general.

Also, in fairness to the ladies, there's some trendy things that guys do/wear that aren't flattering for everyone. Not everyone should be in tight-fitting, above-the-ankle hemmed jeans. Also I know a bit of facial scruff is acceptable these days but not everyone pulls it off. Most of the time they just look either lazy or dirty. Isn't that the same thing people are saying about leggings?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RyJ Maduro
Please. This really is a snobbish complaint. I have no problem whatsoever with the leggings trend. Especially when worn with riding boots. Nice.

The fact that fat girls have begun wearing them is obviously a legitimate concern; but they might as well be in burkas, anyhow.

YES. Leggings + riding boots = win.

Fat chicks in leggings is more than a legitimate concern and I would much prefer them in burkas!

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
YES. Leggings + riding boots = win.

I would like to add: cleavagey sweater + leggins + riding boots = ultimate win.

BP348

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Omega Man
+2. It all depends on the girl and her "assets".

Borrowed from another thread:

0145.jpg

This needs to be moved to the great Backdoors thread along with the girl laying on the bed in the black leggings.

ffffuuuu.gif

bkk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by intent
But here's what you get usually:

leggings2.jpg

Dear Fat Girls - If you can't wear a dress or skirt without leggings, that means you can't wear said dress or skirt with leggings.

Love,
bkk

PS - Stop wearing Uggs, Earth's laziest brand of footwear.

Senori

Reaction score
Frankly, I'd rather have girls stop wearing cheap branded athletic short shorts than leggings. Worn correctly, there can at least be a certain class to the latter; but I see the former all the time around campus, and there is no article of clothing with less nobility.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics