• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

IrishFashion

Reaction score
Hey, I haven't seen many Burberry owners here so I thought I'd post my Burberry leather biker jacket. For me this was perfect as I'm quite short and Burberry does nice young slim, small sizing jackets. So while the SA's recommend "normal" height gents to size up their XS jacket was perfect for me. I just love the jacket, it's incredibly heavy and thick so it actually kept you warm during a wet Irish winter with some knitwear underneath and strong winds will not get past it when zipped. The weight would probably break a normal plastic hanger tbh. Definitely has become my wardrobe staple and standout piece. :)

EDIT: Excuse mess, abandoned sisters bedroom.

EDIT 2: For a bit of humour, the sister actually didn't abandon as so much move to her own place and left her home bedroom in a state of mess. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey, I haven't seen many Burberry owners here so I thought I'd post my Burberry leather biker jacket. For me this was perfect as I'm quite short and Burberry does nice young slim, small sizing jackets. So while the SA's recommend "normal" height gents to size up their XS jacket was perfect for me. I just love the jacket, it's incredibly heavy and thick so it actually kept you warm during a wet Irish winter with some knitwear underneath and strong winds will not get past it when zipped. The weight would probably break a normal plastic hanger tbh. Definitely has become my wardrobe staple and standout piece. :)

EDIT: Excuse mess, abandoned sisters bedroom.

Dear IrishFashion,

May you kindly please tell me your height, your weight, and your chest size? I am 5'7" at 138-140 pounds with a 37.4in chest (I'm quite short as well). I don't know whether to get a size 36 or a size 38. What would you recommend?

http://www.styleforum.net/t/447624/...ists-for-assistance-on-sizing-fit-please-help

Last edited:

IrishFashion

Reaction score
Dear IrishFashion,

May you kindly please tell me your height, your weight, and your chest size? I am 5'7" at 138-140 pounds with a 37.4in chest (I'm quite short as well). I don't know whether to get a size 36 or a size 38. What would you recommend?

http://www.styleforum.net/t/447624/...ists-for-assistance-on-sizing-fit-please-help
Sure, I'm 5ft 4" (That took courage), 120 pounds and a 34.5" chest. XS = size 34. Thing is Burberry Jackets are designed with really short bodies. I have a jacket from AllSaints that's XS which was designed for a longer torso so it would hit below my hips when zipped and that leads to this unflattering outline of your body from the side. I prefer mine to be short so that Burberry Jacket would fall right above my belly button or on it which is perfect for me. I found the shorter you are, the more fitted everything should be to distinguish your legs & elongate them and it works on photos and from distances LOL.

But every brand is different, sizing per brand changes because they all have their own standard. Your post says your a weight lifter and while good leather jackets (includes my Burberry I found) should conform to your body for that great shape I think get the 38" waist if your 37.4". The 36" would probably stretch out to 37.4" but if you plan to get bigger, It'd be less stressful to get 38". Get the 38" and then tailor them sleeves. If you plan to leave the jacket open the height of it wont really be an issue but if you plan to zip it up sometimes you may want to contact them and ask how tall the body is on a 38". If the body is too long it and would go below your hips and if your bulking, it may appearance wise make you look "big". Unless your completely lean in your stomach it could make you appear to have a gut which is something my AllSaints jacket does depending on what's worn underneath.

Reaction score
Sure, I'm 5ft 4" (That took courage), 120 pounds and a 34.5" chest. XS = size 34. Thing is Burberry Jackets are designed with really short bodies. I have a jacket from AllSaints that's XS which was designed for a longer torso so it would hit below my hips when zipped and that leads to this unflattering outline of your body from the side. I prefer mine to be short so that Burberry Jacket would fall right above my belly button or on it which is perfect for me. I found the shorter you are, the more fitted everything should be to distinguish your legs & elongate them and it works on photos and from distances LOL.

But every brand is different, sizing per brand changes because they all have their own standard. Your post says your a weight lifter and while good leather jackets (includes my Burberry I found) should conform to your body for that great shape I think get the 38" waist if your 37.4". The 36" would probably stretch out to 37.4" but if you plan to get bigger, It'd be less stressful to get 38". Get the 38" and then tailor them sleeves. If you plan to leave the jacket open the height of it wont really be an issue but if you plan to zip it up sometimes you may want to contact them and ask how tall the body is on a 38". If the body is too long it and would go below your hips and if your bulking, it may appearance wise make you look "big". Unless your completely lean in your stomach it could make you appear to have a gut which is something my AllSaints jacket does depending on what's worn underneath.

Thank you so much for your detailed reply. I shall ponder the recommendations you have given. Thank you once more, and please have a blessed day.

IrishFashion

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your detailed reply. I shall ponder the recommendations you have given. Thank you once more, and please have a blessed day.
No bother. My last bit of advice would be, does the jacket suit your age. If this is your first leather jacket I'm assuming your young... I think look for a younger jacket and there are options around the same price. That's a jacket I'd see on someone from their 40's onwards if I'm completely honest although it depends on your style and how you wear it of course.

Reaction score
No bother. My last bit of advice would be, does the jacket suit your age. If this is your first leather jacket I'm assuming your young... I think look for a younger jacket and there are options around the same price. That's a jacket I'd see on someone from their 40's onwards if I'm completely honest although it depends on your style and how you wear it of course.

Thank you for your swift reply. It is a contract-numbered (or rather, a contract-issue based upon standardization year) reproduction of the United States of America Air Force A-2 bomber. This type of jacket was worn by pilots, and most of them happened to be in their mid-20s to early-30s. However, depending on the current social and cultural themes regarding leather jackets, I can understand the impression of this jacket being more for older individuals. The interesting thing about this jacket is that it is slender in shape, unlike the other Eastman Type A-2 jackets which are a little baggy (or baggier). Apparently, Jake Gyllenhaal wore it in a music video (the link for which can be accessed from the jacket's webpage). I am completely floored by the aesthetic beauty of the jacket, and, in my opinion, it is the most beautiful leather jacket I have ever laid eyes upon. I have a leather jacket already, but it is from Wilson's Leather; and this is a leather jacket in which I wouldn't mind investing since it will be the last leather jacket purchase I make. I believe a size 38 may be the best size for me; all that matters now is what the torso-length will be. Hehe. :)

Last edited:

IrishFashion

Reaction score
Thank you for your swift reply. It is a contract-numbered (or rather, a contract-issue based upon standardization year) reproduction of the United States of America Air Force A-2 bomber. This type of jacket was worn by pilots, and most of them happened to be in their mid-20s to early-30s. However, depending on the current social and cultural themes regarding leather jackets, I can understand the impression of this jacket being more for older individuals. The interesting thing about this jacket is that it is slender in shape, unlike the other Eastman Type A-2 jackets which are a little baggy (or baggier). Apparently, Jake Gyllenhaal wore it in a music video (the link for which can be accessed from the jacket's webpage). I am completely floored by the aesthetic beauty of the jacket, and, in my opinion, it is the most beautiful leather jacket I have ever laid eyes upon. I have a leather jacket already, but it is from Wilson's Leather; and this is a leather jacket in which I wouldn't mind investing since it will be the last leather jacket purchase I make. I believe a size 38 may be the best size for me; all that matters now is what the torso-length will be. Hehe. :)
Ok, I saw the video. That's a pretty hot leather jacket. The webpage pic does it no justice. They should just have a photo of Jake in it!

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CJBreed is selling his CCP size 52 JUICY leather Overlock here: http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?p=482028#post482028

A vaguely legendary thick, lush calf leather most famously used in the best iteration of the fencing.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
amazing jacket at a not-so-easily digestible price of $4500 USD :foo:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads