• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ChrisGold

Reaction score

You can unzip them, but unzipping them more than halfway looks weird. That's all.

EDIT: As to why, unzipping them completely makes the forearm look way too wide.

I agree, I thought you meant not to unzip them at all... you meant when wearing. On a tight fitting moto jacket the unzip is often mandatory during the on and off.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Anyone know of a leather repair shop in the Bay?

Advanced European Tailors in Berkeley does a lot of leather jacket repairs and alterations. The guy who runs the place is somewhat of a menswear enthusiast too. Lots of Free & Easy and Lightning magazines at the front of the store.

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a leather repair shop in the Bay?

Advanced European Tailors in Berkeley does a lot of leather jacket repairs and alterations. The guy who runs the place is somewhat of a menswear enthusiast too. Lots of Free & Easy and Lightning magazines at the front of the store.

Thanks, thats great. I didn't want to cross over to SF and berkely is just a couple minutes drive from me.

LaymanX

Reaction score
Any thoughts on the fit of this Aero CXL Steerhide Board Track Racer? Will wear it primarily unzipped but include both zipped and unzipped pics for reference.

Is this the fit jacket or what was actually delivered to you? FWIW, I think that's how the board racer is supposed to fit. Keep in mind that the leather will loosen up in a few weeks and start to drape better.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on the fit of this Aero CXL Steerhide Board Track Racer? Will wear it primarily unzipped but include both zipped and unzipped pics for reference.
It looks pretty good. I can see how some might say that it is tight in the shoulder, but those jackets based on the earliest leather "shirts" should fit that way at the onset. With some wear, the shoulders can on the shape of the shoulder is a cool way, particularly for a pullup leather like CXL. I've been thinking of getting one of those myself.

proteinnerd

Reaction score
It is the fit jacket for an Aero Sheene (basically a collared cafe racer). They sent this as they thought it would suit me better than the regular cafe racer pattern, just trying to work out if I should keep this one as well.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

my only issue is i don't like the bottom part of the leather leaving a few inches like that but its a classic biker thing so don't mind the nit pick, jacket is great and i think it fits fine.

LALurker

Reaction score
I think the jacket fit spot on. You look like have a muscular upper body and that's why the shoulder seems tight. I think after broken in the jacket it will look better.

I do not suggest you exchange 1 size large, unless it's also tight on your body and/or you want to wear a thick sweater under the jacket, but a bigger jacket will also has longer length and sleeves. I think what you are having now is fine.

LucasFilms

Reaction score
Thoughts on shortening leather jackets? Worth the risk?
actually I have the same question as you... I own a Hugo Boss leather jacket, sleeves a bit long.. I thought of taking it to a leather factory to shorten those sleeves but am a bit worried about the lining inside, so I let it stay like this for the moment..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads