• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im guessing with 50% off total is around $1700. So yea return and buy 3 TOJs off of here, or just one your choice. I know there is a tan one snowman is selling which is awesome and there is a grey suede one floating around which is pretty cool also. Lots of nice options pop up on B&S.

Last edited:

d1234

Reaction score
Thanks guys. TOJ is definitely a good recommendation.

Nothing else seems to be quite right to me except for some of the Balenciaga jackets from a few years back under the previous designer -- they were simple and clean and the details were usually nice and subtle. Unfortunately, I am not a fan of the new Alexander Wang stuff, nor of the brand's new markups, which seem to now be approaching the 10x-12x Saint Laurent territory.

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
D1234. go a few pages back - user grizzlybear posted a good jacket in similar style.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Blk denim leather quality is lacking. If you'll notice, he's flipping it anyway.

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not really expert here but I liked it on grizzly. Suited him a lot.

d1234

Reaction score
D1234. go a few pages back - user grizzlybear posted a good jacket in similar style.
Thanks v much for the suggestion, but I'm not a huge fan of epaulets. At least for me, I prefer clean, simple, and refined, with subtle details. The fit and finish/fabric should do the talking. :)

E.g. if this balenciaga jacket below were in black, it would be absolutely perfect -- super tasteful bomber meets safari jacket that would probably never go out of style. A pared-down biker style might be even better

futuresailors

Reaction score
It might have. The beige shearling in the lookbook was available in beautiful black.
$_57.JPG
$_57.JPG

bdude

Reaction score
Reg: Blk dnm quality - have no issues with my biker jacket ( model 31) for a 1.5 years. also it is the jkt i get most compliments for

SuperflyBanana

Reaction score
Got this Viparo Biker today and just now realized that it kind of copied off the Saint Laurent Classic Biker. I'm totally okay with it though haha.

Viparo

Saint Laurent

I know it's strange to be comparing a $550 jacket to a $4,000 SL, but I'm actually really impressed with Viparo's quality on this jacket.They used some really nice thick aniline cow leather and the fit is great too. Definitely worth the money imo!

Last edited:

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got this Viparo Biker today and just now realized that it kind of copied off the Saint Laurent Classic Biker. I'm totally okay with it though haha.

I know it's strange to be comparing a $550 jacket to a $4,000 SL, but I'm actually really impressed with Viparo's quality on this jacket.They used some really nice thick aniline cow leather and the fit is great too. Definitely worth the money imo!

The major difference here is that one is crap and the other is not.

Last edited:

SuperflyBanana

Reaction score

The major difference here is that one is crap and the other is not. 

I personally don't consider a $550 leather jacket to be "crap". The Saint Laurent obviously has far superior construction and materials, but for an average person like me, I'm perfectly happy to save $3,500 on a very similar jacket.

Last edited:

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally don't consider a $550 leather jacket to be "crap". The Saint Laurent obviously has far superior construction and materials, but for an average person like me, I'm perfectly happy to save $3,500 on a very similar jacket.

It's not very similar. It's a ripoff made in india from low quality leather and isn't worth the price they are charging you.

I strongly suggest returning that jacket if possible. There are plenty of better options during sales than... that.

Also please check the thread title before you choose to continue the discussion further.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads