• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chico Dusty

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could locate the Rick FW 13 blistered lamb intarsia? Can only find it online at Hostem and The Corner Berlin, neither of which will be discounting it.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^i have a grey one for sale, from 2010, much better leather

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is horse thicker than calf?

It depends. They are both quite thick per se but I have handled horse leather jackets that are quite soft. As an example, Zam has produced a soft horse leather jacket. If you are looking for a stiff, armor-like leather, both horse and calf should do.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hrmm anyone have experience with the SS2010 Rick Stooges in lamb?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Love those but even on sale they were like $700. Too rich for my blood. Will check out helmuts thanks. In other news... suede stooges arrived. Will post pics.

didnt BG just have them for 75% off?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They only had one size left though and that's the only reason it went down that deep on discount.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
28up8ra.jpg

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Balmain

http://photos.gq.com/image/upload/v1389891706/1389891706087_balmain-fall-winter-2014-03.jpg[/imf]
[img]http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/1121768/

d1234

Reaction score
What do you guys think of this Balmain jacket from fall 2013? I bought it for 50% off and now am trying to decide whether I want to keep it or return it.

It looks great in this photo but in person the patterned embroidery on the shoulders and the unnecessarily numerous zippers (which are a bit too shiny) might make it just a little over the top, in least for me.

Also, the lapel seems distractingly big, again, at least to me. On the plus side, the leather is of a very high quality (plonge I suspect), the lining is thick and warm, and I really like the ribbed patterns at the top of the sleeves.

Here's a photo of the one I bought:

What do you guys think of this piece? Should I keep it or return it?

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do you guys think of this Balmain jacket from fall 2013? I bought it for 50% off and now am trying to decide whether I want to keep it or return it. 
It looks great in this photo but in person the patterned embroidery on the shoulders and the unnecessarily numerous zippers (which are a bit too shiny) might make it just a little over the top, in least for me.
Also, the lapel seems distractingly big, again, at least to me. On the plus side, the leather is of a very high quality (plonge I suspect), the lining is thick and warm, and I really like the ribbed patterns at the top of the sleeves.
What do you guys think of this piece? Should I keep it or return it?

seems you already made the choice to return

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads