1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

kangaroo stooges sounds delicious

2. sinnedk

3. navetsea

navetsea Well-Known Member

hello,
    actually this is not yet a jacket, but still a drawing I did for my brother
    he wanted a jacket that kinda looks like mine, but since he works out and trying to gain mass on his shoulder an chest, I did raglan shoulder on this design, and also double rider chest with 3 zippers to accommodate layering or some growth there. I have to give that horizontal cut around the upper arm otherwise it would need/ waste lots of leather. On the back there are some expansion folds in between those rivets ( upper back, and back of the shoulder) I wonder if a contrasting color for the inside part of the fold would be a cool and functional idea, like when the arms are raised as in riding pose then these expansion slots are open so the part inside will be visible and function as reflective sign for the traffic behind, while off the bike in normal standing pose, those would be closed and non visible.
    [​IMG]

If it is OK, we would be happy to get some input...[​IMG]

otherwise I apology for posting only a concept drawing in a jacket topic, I will post the photo of the jacket when it is finally done.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
    12 people like this.
  4. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Well-Known Member

I generally hate when there's more than one zipper for closing, but that jacket is crazy enough that it might work.
    You got some real talent for coming up with these designs, partly because they really have potential but also because they're unlike any jacket I've seen before which is a pretty damn impressive thing to say about a design.

I should add though that I hope your brother will wear some Ann D vitello boots or some Guidi shit with that jacket, because if the rest of the stuff isn't at that level of "anime-protagonist" the jacket probably won't look good no matter how cool it is by itself. Lastly regarding the folds I don't think stripes in contrasting color will look good, but it's none the less a smart idea for increasing visibility so if you can make them not visible at all when folded up I'd say go for it.

4 people like this.
  5. proteinnerd

proteinnerd Well-Known Member

What about perforated leather in the folds? ....just an idea

1 person likes this.
  6. sinnedk

there is a backlash rider jacket that has 2 zips on the front closure and it looks good, i cannot find a pic though sorry

1 person likes this.
  7. navetsea

navetsea Well-Known Member

thank you, I hope the multizips would look good, still weighing between exposed chunky metal zip or cover them with leather strip...
    I also hope this will make him get some boots, and dare to wear it over his pants :)

awesome idea, especially for the climate we live in. thank you !!

oo I'm going to google it, need some more ideas on how to mount those zips cleanly yet without putting too much stress on the leather, making 3 long cuts on the leather next to each other like that worries me, probably better if the zips are sandwiched between strips of leather panel instead. thanks!!

8. mboon85

mboon85 Well-Known Member

this is obscene.

1 person likes this.
  9. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

That concept jacket is cool as shit.

1 person likes this.
  10. TheSunisShining

TheSunisShining Well-Known Member

Strongly agree on that concept jacket. It's really nice!

1 person likes this.
  11. sinnedk

12. janoy89

janoy89 Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend a a jacket similar to these? I'm not sure what you'd call them, blouson maybe? Basically a minimalist smooth leather moto with a small collar. Preferably under a $1000 but I could probably stretch it if was worth it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. sinnedk

schott NYC? @Thurston Bros, do you guys have anything like the above at under 1k?

1 person likes this.
  14. janoy89

janoy89 Well-Known Member

Not quite, the 585 is probably the closest although I'm looking for something a bit more modern in design and fit. Appreciate it anyway.

Edit: I do remember seeing some nice jackets on Thurston Bros, though I found getting a custom jacket a bit daunting. Vansons look pretty nice.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  15. AeroleathersTB

AeroleathersTB Well-Known Member

We don't have anything that has a more modern fit (slim) under $1,000.00. Vanson has a collared jacket called the Enfield, but it doesn't work as a slim fit for most customers. With Aero, we have a number of slim styles and since we use fit jackets to create the custom orders, it takes the guesswork and stress out of custom! The Board Racer and the Premier Half Belt are two styles that would work for this...the Board Racer can even be done with a standard collar (rather than a mandarin) for a more casual look.

16. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

17. DaneColes

DaneColes New Member

Mark Messier's jacket in the Roger's Television NHL GameCentre commercials. Any idea the brand/style? I really like how soft and thin the leather looks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

18. ziki

ziki New Member

Deleted. Wrong thread

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  19. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

Terrible. Lose the jeans, too.

20. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

You want to see him pantless?