• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
the dude's username is ultimateswag. that should tell you enough

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
you have 15.35 inch shoulders? that's like XXS territory. why is your sleeve length so long in comparison to everything else?

filcol

Reaction score
I don't really know about my shoulders.. but one of my jackets has 41cm and it's not really "fitted".. and leather would also stretch so I thought 39cm would be good.. it's about the same size rick owens xs leather comes. The sleeves are with cuffs so I thought they should stack a little.. dunno maybe really too long?

greets

clark kent

Reaction score
i'm 5'7" 130 lbs and those measurements would suit me good as well, the sleeves are too long though and going up half an inch or so in the shoulders wouldn't hurt. the sleeves on my TOJ are 23.5 inches and they hit about the bottom of my palms. you may be lankier than me, but i would imagine 67 CMs would be a bit too long, even if they are ribbed and you plan for them to stack.

malakas

Reaction score

since malakas seems to be ignoring everybody asking these questions. his jackets are all custom made replicas of julius jackets IIRC. pretty sure he said the brown pants were an australian levis model.

actually, i usually pm them with the details, as i dont want to appear like i am some sort of shill for the guy who makes my leathers

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a rare color from CCP- I believe it is the current season's version of the gloveless hi neck in bison.

Image-1.jpg

Last edited:

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the fascination with extremely thick leathers? They don't necessarily look better, and they are less comfortable. I almost always pick my medium to thin lamb leathers over my thick calf leather (which is still a great jacket).

Last edited:

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What is the fascination with extremely thick leathers? They don't necessarily look better, and they are less comfortable. I almost always pick my medium to thin lamb leathers over my thick calf leather (which is still a great jacket).

cuz no one wants a cheap plasticky feel to a leather jacket?

I mean I understand your point of view, but I think its kind of a waste if you buy one of those silky/extremely light ones.

Plus, wearing something built like a tank is just plain sick.

Last edited:

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I mean I understand your point of view, but I think its kind of a waste if you buy one of those silky/extremely light ones.

Plus, wearing something built like a tank is just plain sick.

+1, would love to one day get a horse scarstitch :drool:

Last edited:

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:foo:

No one else likes that either. Leather can be nice or garbage whether it is thick or thin -- you know this already and are plainly jerking my chain. :inlove:

It's just a different look, thin lamb is drapey but a thick calf/horsehide has an almost "plated" look that is quite cool on its own.

That makes sense. As I said, I have a thicker leather that I am into sometimes.

I suspect your uncontrol x ToJ will be thick/plated style and will look right that way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads