• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
Perhaps Jude Law will sell you his.
llVTP.jpg

Thks.
smile.gif

I didn't the Lawster is rocking Julius now. From Atelier probably; those guys sell to everyone.

Whiskey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
they look like leather vaginas. or evil mouths emerging from the darkness

great. now i'll think about that every time i see open pockets on a leather jacket

nerazzurri

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Binker
speaking of, this just arrived:

brown5zip.jpg

click for hasty fit pic:

fit994.jpg

sorry about the near profile angle, was trying to avoid awkward looking head on shot, went a bit too far and couldnt be bothered snapping another. this is the second early five zip ive owned, the first was a darkgreyish 52 and although it ran small it was still simply too big everywhere. the leather was nice, a very substantial calf, but unsurprisingly it was also heavy and somewhat restricting. this is a 48, and the leather is soft and buttery. very happy with it.

where did you find an early 5 zip? I dont know if i should pull the trigger on that RO, SOMEONE HELP MEEEE, it says it fits like a medium, here are the measurements

s/s 17'
a/a 21
sleeves 28'5

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
I like that too. What's it like 1800?

It's absolutely amazing, softest leather I've ever felt. I know off the bat you might think 1800 for a company not so much known for their leathers is a bit much, but it really is worth it.

nerazzurri

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerazzurri
where did you find an early 5 zip? I dont know if i should pull the trigger on that RO, SOMEONE HELP MEEEE, it says it fits like a medium, here are the measurements

s/s 17'
a/a 21
sleeves 28'5

i also dont want to buy it and then if it doesnt fit me at least break even after i buy it

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
binker, would you be willing to post measurements for the sz50 5-zip? I assume the sizing has changed since then, but I'm pretty sure I'm a 50 and I've been craving one lately....
eh.gif

nerazzurri

Reaction score
what colors of the stooges came out this year? is there some kind of catalog to see the models and colorways of every season?

Binker

Reaction score
i actually never owned a 50, synth, it was a 52 which measured pretty close to a standard 50 so I gave it a shot. not smart. i resold it though, so here are the measurements for the 52:

p2p: 21.75
s2s: 19.25
length: 26
sleeve length from upper shoulder seam: 27

and a pic

IMAG0026.jpg

some scammer mined the photos from my auction and now that pic is the 4th result of a google image search for "margiela five zip."
smile.gif
anyway, both of these are from the first half of the 2000s, so yeah, I can't comment on how sizing has changed over the years, but I think you definitely want to err on the slim side with the five zip cut. it creates a very strange and unappealing silhouette throughout the chest and shoulders if you do not fill it out completely.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
I think the better question is RO or Julius? Much similar aesthetic too. I've never handled Julius so I wouldn't know.
up close I've only seen a handful of both brands, but I never get too excited about RO ones. I think its pointless to compare them even though they might seem similar, they are vastly different aesthetically.

heysf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kvc06
band-of-outsiders-spring-summer-2011-presentation-28-360x540.jpg
It's absolutely amazing, softest leather I've ever felt. I know off the bat you might think 1800 for a company not so much known for their leathers is a bit much, but it really is worth it.

Indeed, that's a nice looking jacket, and will suit your style. If I may ask, why didn't you get a toj goat bomber?
Originally Posted by Binker
speaking of, this just arrived:
brown5zip.jpg
IMAG0026.jpg

The 5 zip is one of my favorite designs. It deserves to be mentioned among the best!
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads