• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

bombers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by matt22616
I'd go for the 34. I think I have half-size length arms as well. Whenever I go to BB I always have a dude measure me and they can never agree if I take a 34 or a 35. I recently learned that if I don't stand up abnormally straight, but rather maintain my normal posture, they are more likely to size me to a 34. So, as someone who has both 34 and 35 shirts, I'd say you're safe on the 34.

Originally Posted by nerdykarim
If you're 6' I would definitely get 35" sleeves. IME, the LE HP sleeves shrink a tiny bit over time.

If it's too long, you can always move the sleeve button in by 1/2" so it sits right where it's supposed to.

Cool, its good to hear reasons for both side. Thanks guys.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
picked up some more crap including denim jacket, Chambray shirts (black and gray), unsually coloured poplins (red chill and walnut tan?) and some sweater from kids sections that will likey have sleeves too short.

They need to just hurry up and release spring items.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Received the XL Marled Blazer and Jersey Blazer. I'd need to be 6'4 and 300 pounds to fit into this ****. Its unbelievable how fucked their sizing is on the high end.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Got my regular LE tailored-fit OCBD yesterday. The chest and the waist were OK, but sleeves were way too baggy. Returned it to Sears for good.
BTW, Rugby by RL OCBDs are a better choice. Slim fit in chest, waist and sleeves.

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chenzhongbi
Got my regular LE tailored-fit OCBD yesterday. The chest and the waist were OK, but sleeves were way too baggy. Returned it to Sears for good.
BTW, Rugby by RL OCBDs are a better choice. Slim fit in chest, waist and sleeves.

You know a tailor can fix that all up for you for like $15-20 right?

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chiamdream
I know a couple of people here ordered the CPO shirt...anyone have any thoughts on it?

I got mine yesterday and am quite pleased. Fabric feels nice, even if it is a blend. Weight is substantial, but not too heavy. Fit is nice - although Canvas seems to fit me well in general, so YMMV. For comparison, I had ordered the Gap version of this last year and returned it, as it felt cheap. this one does not.

One odd thing - there is a huge Lands End Canvas tag on the outside of the shirt near the bottom - same place where Thom Browne puts his tags. It is not shown in the pictures on the site. I took it off with a seamripper, but it was sewn on really well, so a little bit of work.

Mr. Lee

Reaction score
Yes, and I believe LL Bean started it with their "Signature" line. I bought a flannel blazer and matching flannel slacks from them. Not very good but only $300 for the 2 pieces. Both are pretty corny companies, so I give them credit for trying to lure away the J Crew market.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 5'6", 38 chest 31 Waist, size small for the Garment Dyed Oxford Shirt?

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by epilepc
Updates on the boots. Meh x mol

img0232fq.jpg

img0233tr.jpg

Any updates on the quality of these boots?

I was thinking of getting a pair and having a cobbler put a commando sole on them so I can wear them in the winter for work (casual office environment).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads