• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The style of their web page has changed since the original launch. Now instead of merely trying to copy JCrew, I see a strong resemblance to Urban Outfitters that's been injected.

The pages are now purposefully made to look slightly unprofessional as if to convey a sense of urban authenticity. For example, many of the pages contain 7 or 8 different font styles on the same page, using both serif and non-serif fonts.

Under "The Story" there is a video of an interracial couple riding a bicycle as if to convey "This is not your fathers Lands End!"

We also see the obligatory smart urbanite guy wearing the 1950's style black frame glasses. Gotta have one of those.

The new logo is reminiscent of an Ambercrombie logo proudly proclaiming the founding date of 1963.

Yet the size S shirts measure 42 inches in the chest! Maybe this still is your father's Lands End? Or is junior now fat too? I'm so confused.

The whole thing is like a bad cartoon. But should we expect anything more from the failed companies known as Sears & Kmart?

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by happy hooligan
I'm 5 11 and 170. I had to go with the XL as the L was too small....

I bought the red and black chambrays

im really slim thought, it sounds like youre bulkier

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by epilepc
you're tellin me...

i'm going to return soon. those pics are after a day of wear. bad.

You should write a quick review for those pieces of ****.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the red chambray and their fit is definitely more slim than J Crew even J Crew slim. The sleeves are really short but the rest of it is very fit. The length is just a little short too actually so I'm going to return to Sears and order again in medium. The quality is great though...I really like the shirt overall.

Does anyone have any promo code for those spend $50 or $75 and get so much off? Thanks.

millerni

Reaction score
The code for $10 off $50 with free shipping is LADIES and the pin is 1921. The $20 off $75 coupon actually expired yesterday.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by millerni
The code for $10 off $50 with free shipping is LADIES and the pin is 1921. The $20 off $75 coupon actually expired yesterday.

Thank you mate.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I just got through ironing one of the heritage garment dyed oxfords. I've washed it twice in cold & hung dry each time. When I went to button it & hang it on the hanger, I discovered that it would no longer button straight. It seems that the top part of the shirt has shrunk, while the bottom hasn't: the distance between the buttons on the bottom is just shy of 4"; higher on the shirt, the distance is now around 3.5".

The short version: you get what you pay for.

cocks

Reaction score
Upon shipping my backordered chambray, LE charged me twice for it. Derp. Has this happened to anyone else?

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does the heritage poplin fit the same as the heritage chambray workshirt? Thinking about medium for both (5'11 156 lbs ~).

Coal_Mining_Polak

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
The style of their web page has changed since the original launch. Now instead of merely trying to copy JCrew, I see a strong resemblance to Urban Outfitters that's been injected. The pages are now purposefully made to look slightly unprofessional as if to convey a sense of urban authenticity. For example, many of the pages contain 7 or 8 different font styles on the same page, using both serif and non-serif fonts. Under "The Story" there is a video of an interracial couple riding a bicycle as if to convey "This is not your fathers Lands End!" We also see the obligatory smart urbanite guy wearing the 1950's style black frame glasses. Gotta have one of those. The new logo is reminiscent of an Ambercrombie logo proudly proclaiming the founding date of 1963. Yet the size S shirts measure 42 inches in the chest! Maybe this still is your father's Lands End? Or is junior now fat too? I'm so confused. The whole thing is like a bad cartoon. But should we expect anything more from the failed companies known as Sears & Kmart?
97124_no_one_cares.jpg
Anyone have an actual picture of the selvedge chambray?

hastur

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
The style of their web page has changed since the original launch. Now instead of merely trying to copy JCrew, I see a strong resemblance to Urban Outfitters that's been injected. The pages are now purposefully made to look slightly unprofessional as if to convey a sense of urban authenticity. For example, many of the pages contain 7 or 8 different font styles on the same page, using both serif and non-serif fonts. Under "The Story" there is a video of an interracial couple riding a bicycle as if to convey "This is not your fathers Lands End!" We also see the obligatory smart urbanite guy wearing the 1950's style black frame glasses. Gotta have one of those. The new logo is reminiscent of an Ambercrombie logo proudly proclaiming the founding date of 1963. Yet the size S shirts measure 42 inches in the chest! Maybe this still is your father's Lands End? Or is junior now fat too? I'm so confused. The whole thing is like a bad cartoon. But should we expect anything more from the failed companies known as Sears & Kmart?
my chambray from lands end canvas fits slimmer than any jcrew shirts i have in the same size sweet post though, could cut myself on it if i tried hard enough

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hastur
my chambray from lands end canvas fits slimmer than any jcrew shirts i have in the same size

sweet post though, could cut myself on it if i tried hard enough

lol ya some people just like complaining. I mean I bought a J Crew regular fit shirt in small, J Crew slim fit shirt in small and a LEC shirt in small and though the J Crew slim fit is actually slim the LEC is more slim.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
The style of their web page has changed since the original launch. Now instead of merely trying to copy JCrew, I see a strong resemblance to Urban Outfitters that's been injected.

The pages are now purposefully made to look slightly unprofessional as if to convey a sense of urban authenticity. For example, many of the pages contain 7 or 8 different font styles on the same page, using both serif and non-serif fonts.

Under "The Story" there is a video of an interracial couple riding a bicycle as if to convey "This is not your fathers Lands End!"

We also see the obligatory smart urbanite guy wearing the 1950's style black frame glasses. Gotta have one of those.

The new logo is reminiscent of an Ambercrombie logo proudly proclaiming the founding date of 1963.

Yet the size S shirts measure 42 inches in the chest! Maybe this still is your father's Lands End? Or is junior now fat too? I'm so confused.

The whole thing is like a bad cartoon. But should we expect anything more from the failed companies known as Sears & Kmart?

GTFO.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have an opinion on the denim jacket? LINK I'm looking for one that isn't stonewashed and will look better with age. Levi's doesn't seem to offer anything that classic at this price range anymore.

bombers

Reaction score
That's the regular Land's End line. Probably fit super baggy.

edit: nevermind. I dunno why they offer the same jacket for 2 different line.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads