• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

koronya marcell rosenbaum experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Bespoke flip flops?

- B

I ordered some "bespoke" turkey jerky the other week (www.slantshackjerky.com, which unfortunately is down at the moment). So why not? Bespeak everything.

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is very obvious from all the responses that only one guy gets it.

Originally Posted by LynahFaithful
I'd say that that the real issue here is "what we have here is a failure to communicate".

... The crux of the problem is indeed Itamar's failure to communicate to his mother.

Politely

Reaction score
The arbitration is binding. We each signed cards to that effect. The difference between an arbitrator and the judge is that the arbitration cannot be appealed because no transcripts are taken. There is only one judge, but several arbitrators. If we had chosen the judge, we would not have been heard that night, and would have been required to return multiple times over several months. The decision will be mailed within a couple weeks. If I win and voluntary payment is not made, then the judgment gets enforced by the sheriff or a city marshal.

I would appreciate having Marcell respond. I, too, am interested to hear his side of this story - particularly with respect to the multiple reassurances about the refund.

Originally Posted by iammatt
At least nobody peed on your shoes, OP.

There is indeed a silver lining to every cloud.

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OP, I hope everything worked out. You showed composure in the fact that you listed events instead of resorting to personal attacks on people's character.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Politely
The arbitration is binding. We each signed cards to that effect. The difference between an arbitrator and the judge is that the arbitration cannot be appealed because no transcripts are taken. There is only one judge, but several arbitrators. If we had chosen the judge, we would not have been heard that night, and would have been required to return multiple times over several months. The decision will be mailed within a couple weeks. If I win and voluntary payment is not made, then the judgment gets enforced by the sheriff or a city marshal.

I would appreciate having Marcell respond. I, too, am interested to hear his side of this story - particularly with respect to the multiple reassurances about the refund.

There is indeed a silver lining to every cloud.

Why didn't you just wait it out and even take a discount on it? It still makes no sense to me.

And why did you post all this without waiting until the judgement?

g-double

Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
Why didn't you just wait it out and even take a discount on it? It still makes no sense to me.

And why did you post all this without waiting until the judgement?

Probably because he feels that he doesn't need an arbitration decision to think he's in the right. No comment on whether that's the case given the, thus far, one-sided presentation of the story. Additionally, he could have been motivated by a desire to rant, or to spare someone else what he believes to be their common business practices. Just a couple of ideas...

G

emptym

Reaction score
Fwiw, I spoke w/ someone today who knows Itamar and Marcell, a shoemaker. This person said Itamar is a good guy, but too busy, often forgetful, and often delayed -- for months. I wonder if those test shoes that supposedly arrived in December sat on a shelf unnoticed, even while the emails went back and forth.

It would be interesting to hear the other side of the story. What has been reported about Itamar's statements is sad. But I certainly would have waited.

Also fwiw, I was just reading Hesse's Siddartha, and this thread reminds me of a line in it. When Siddartha is asked what he can do by the beautiful courtesan, Kamala, he replies, "I can think, I can wait, I can fast."

For extra points (which I never give), who can tell me what three things she tells him he needs if she is to teach him the pleasures of love?

emptym

Reaction score
^Winner!

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ You just reminded me of a dialogue between Kamaswami and Siddartha that is directly applicable to SF:

Kamaswami: How will you live if you are without possessions?

Siddartha: I have never even thought about it. I've been without them for 3 years and I never thought on what I should live.
Replace possessions with shoes/jackets/suits and you describe most member here before- and after joining SF.

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to go with

1) Cheap wine
2) Low standards
3) Pennicillin shot

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
And what has not been mentioned in that 40 - 60 hours is also the making of the last. No small task in itself.

correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads