• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kirby Allison: Affiliate thread

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys - FREE SHIPPING thru Wednesday on all orders over $200. I'm going to send an email out tomorrow morning, but thought I'd like you guys know now since the promotional code is already activated.

Use Promotional Code "BestHanger" (no space) in the shopping cart.

We offer Free Shipping on shoe care items over $75 all year -- but only do this for our entire catalog twice a year. Free Shipping (unless you're Amazon) is incredibly expensive and because of how large our hangers ship, difficult for us to offer without raising prices (which we haven't done in years).

Cheers,
Kirby

Kirby: I'm not a fan of raising the minimum amount of shoe care products to $75 to get free shipping. When we are talking about $20 jars of shoe polish, the addition of shipping costs can make it impractical to order single jars on-line. This is why I always planned my orders to try and group them together, even going so far as to pick up an extra renovateur or whatnot just to get over the $50 mark. Pushing the minimum up to $75 will make that more difficult and potentially cause people to consider other sources for Saphir products. Just my two cents.

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I understand. If you ever have trouble hitting the $75 mark, just PM me and I'll work something out for you.

I tried to hold on as long as I could, but we do a significant volume of Saphir Shoe Polish and was subsidizing it to the tune of $10k a month with free shipping. On a $50 order, we pay $8 in shipping, $4.00 for someone to pack it, plus $1.00 to $2.00 for boxes and packing material. Doesn't sound like much, but it adds up. And there were a lot of $50 orders.

Other retailers just gross up their prices to cover shipping, but this isn't possible with Saphir since retail pricing is controlled. And it's never been remotely possible with our hangers because of how large they ship.

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

socks are all sold out??

I wish. No, we re-inventories all socks this weekend to get everything straight. With over 200 new SKU's, the complexity was overwhelming. But, we have it sorted now.

We just received yesterday additional socks, so we should be fully stocked in all sizes and colors.

Also receiving wool soon -- just in time for summer. ;)

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Kirby if you want to stand out amongst the crowd you it would be awesome if you could try and find linen socks for the summer in solids. Very hard to come by.

Asian Afro

Reaction score

Kirby if you want to stand out amongst the crowd you it would be awesome if you could try and find linen socks for the summer in solids. Very hard to come by.

I agree. Kent Wang just has three colours and Berg and Berg has another two (they both have grey and blue). Could use more vibrant colours.

Last edited:

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Update:

Since my initial so-so experience with Hanger Project, I've placed a couple more orders and am now a fan and a regular customer. No complaints.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Also Kent Wang's linen socks are OTC. Stupid for a linen sock, imo.

Eh? I never, ever want my bare leg to show when I sit cross legged. That means OTC is mandatory for all of my socks, regardless of material. And note that I live in hot+humid Florida and wrestle with the heat constantly.

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Ribbed? And in what colors?

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Eh? I never, ever want my bare leg to show when I sit cross legged. That means OTC is mandatory for all of my socks, regardless of material. And note that I live in hot+humid Florida and wrestle with the heat constantly.

My legs never show in regular socks. Maybe your trousers are too short. Way short at that because I don't even wear mine with a break. Then again I never cross my legs when sitting anyway.

Ribbed? And in what colors?

Charcoal, navy, and a slighter lighter than navy would be golden.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My legs never show in regular socks. Maybe your trousers are too short. Way short at that because I don't even wear mine with a break. Then again I never cross my legs when sitting anyway.
Charcoal, navy, and a slighter lighter than navy would be golden.

Sorry, I should have explained more - it's not that my pants are too short (I like some break) but non OTCs have a tendency to fall down and then bunch up on my ankles. Note that I've got larger than average calves so maybe it's specific to me.

So, for me, it's OTC or die. :slayer:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads