• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kirby Allison: Affiliate thread

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
I might be blind, but I didn't seen any hangers just for sportscoats.
Horns - We currently do not have any hangers just for sportcoats; however, we do have a hanger that is great for both sportcoats and suits!
wink.gif
One of the foundations of The Hanger Project is to be able to offer uncompromising function in addition to bespoke-quality aesthetics. This is why we offer three different widths for our suit hangers. To properly add a sportcoat hanger to our product lineup, we'd have to add three different sizes just to do it right. As a small business, we just don't have the working capital yet.
Originally Posted by Sprezzatura2010
They look nice, but a clamp style trouser bar is much better than a round foldover bar, IMO.
I understand what you are saying; we occasionally have customers asking for suit hangers with a clamping trouser mechanism. However, you would be surprised with just how great our felted trouser bar is. It absolutely will not crease your trousers (as opposed to the locking bar mechanism). And, the daisy-chain mechanism on our clamping trouser hanger enables them to actually save rod space, which is best used for quality suit and **** hangers. Right now, I think that the best of both worlds is actually having both. I'll let you know if anything changes though. The next big project that we'll be undertaking are hanging bags and linen dust covers (which would just cover the shoulders of a jacket). If you gentlemen would like to have your wishes incorporated into our product development, please suggest them now! It should be a very exciting addition, as we continue to seek create the best garment care indulgences available.

foto010101

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kirbya
The next big project that we'll be undertaking are hanging bags and linen dust covers (which would just cover the shoulders of a jacket). If you gentlemen would like to have your wishes incorporated into our product development, please suggest them now! It should be a very exciting addition, as we continue to seek create the best garment care indulgences available.
That is a very good idea! The bags should be made of natural materials only. Cotton and linen are both suitable. It would be great if these bags would come in different sizes so that even long coats can be covered.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
Have a birthday coming up. Maybe I'll ask my sister or girlfriend to spring for some of these.

Need a couple coat hangers.

Freaking SF!! When I first came on here I thought these, although obviously well-made and worth it, were too expensive...

Hangars for your birthday? There is somethign wrong with that.

spectre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had more than a dozen of these suit hangars shipped to Australia. They are absolutely beautiful. Everyone who handled them on the way through commented on the extraordinary quality.

Skyler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by foto010101
That is a very good idea! The bags should be made of natural materials only. Cotton and linen are both suitable. It would be great if these bags would come in different sizes so that even long coats can be covered.

What he said.

Fabro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kirbya

The next big project that we'll be undertaking are hanging bags and linen dust covers (which would just cover the shoulders of a jacket). If you gentlemen would like to have your wishes incorporated into our product development, please suggest them now! It should be a very exciting addition, as we continue to seek create the best garment care indulgences available.

This is great news. I've been looking for these for a while.

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
http://www.styleforum.net/announcement.php?f=13

Hey Style Forum members-

In response to the current affiliate promotion, Kirby Allison's Hanger Project is upping the ante by offering an additional 10% off all orders placed with the StyleForum Promotional Code (enter during checkout). This offer is only valid through the terms of the Affiliate Promotion, which ends October 23. Please reference "StyleForum" in the "How did you hear about us?" column.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us through our website!

Cheers,

Kirby
http://www.HangerProject.com
You tailor your clothes.
Now tailor your hangers.

foto010101

Reaction score
I would like to recommend these hangers to customers in Europe. To my knowledge there are no other companies that provide hangers which come close to ones from The Hanger Project.

The contours of the hangers enable a perfect fit for your expensive coats, jackets and shirts. Also the hangers look so much better than the ones I have seen before.

In total I ordered 8 suit hangers, 20 shirt hangers and 20 trouser bars. They were sent to Europe by USPS Priority Mail. By choosing this shipping method online tracking is provided.

I have a lot of experience with internet businesses. Usually it takes quite some time before they answer my emails. This is not the case with The Hanger Project. Their service is really good.

I will definitely buy some more suit hangers in the future!

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the best way to figure out the appropriate hanger size I should buy?

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vitaminc
What is the best way to figure out the appropriate hanger size I should buy?

Great question! Sorry for any delay in responding. A customer today asked me just this question. When purchasing luxury wooden hangers from Kirby Allison's Hanger Project, the most accurate method of sizing your hanger is to measure directly across the back. The width of the hanger should never exceed this measurement, as you do not want the hanger ends to protrude into the sleeve. See the below illustration:

Sizing_Guidance.jpg

Another customer recently asked a question on why it's better for the suit hangers to be smaller than the width of the jacket, while it is okay for shirt hangers to be slightly larger. My response is copied below:

As for the issue of the width, our Luxury Suit Hangers have a very wide shoulder flare"”2.5", which is 5x wider than most hangers. Because of the abundance of shoulder support that these provide, they are still very effective, even if a little on the narrow side. It is better to err on the side of slightly too narrow than slightly too large because of the risk of damage to the sleeve fabric if the hanger protrudes past the edge of the shoulder (and into the sleeve head). The risk is not large, but it exists and can be easily prevented without any compromise to support.

Our luxury shirt hangers, on the other hand, are much more narrow"”they are approximately 3/8" thick. The hanger, therefore, relies much more on the support of the width than girth. Also, having the hanger extend slightly beyond the shoulder does not risk damage to shirts (fabric is less delicate) and further helps eliminate shoulder puckering by offering a larger surface area on which to disperse the weight of the hanger.

Let me know if you guys have any questions or comments.

Cheers,

Kirby Allison
Kirby Allison's hanger Project
http://www.HangerProject.com

You tailor your clothes.
Now tailor your hangers.
Luxury Hangers

Other Update:
We are working on a luxury garment bag, which should be ready hopefully within the next month or two. We are also looking to add a premium garment brush and a complete line of luxury women's hangers. And don't forget to take a look at our newest item--our MORTIMER Shoe Horn.

Diggz

Reaction score
I love my suit hangers from THP! Will definitley be buying more.

My roommate wears suits with 16.5" shoulders, will the 17" hanger be appropriate for him?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads