• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kirby Allison: Affiliate thread

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually think I remember hearing about that. Didn't he go to The Armoury in NY?

Here I was thinking tomorrow was a good day to shield myself from my children and stink up my office.

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@ThinkDerm @mktitsworth

That's correct - @GothamRed left The Armoury some time ago and is now running Saint Crispins North America full time. He is continuing to help me with A Suitable Wardrobe, though.

We stopped Shoe Shine Sunday just because it felt a little redundant and participating waned. I'd love to start it up again... but we're brainstorming some different formats, like maybe a livestream. Any thoughts?

We're also beginning to film some shoe shine tutorial videos. You can find the first one or two here: https://www.youtube.com/hangerproject

We've just begun, so don't be too critical on the videos. We're still working on the format. But if you have any suggestions for videos, please let me know.

Cheers,

Kirby

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@kirbya

A live-stream could be an interesting format. I might suggest having a participant/forum member send you a pair of shoes as a working subject. New Anthony Cleverlys are awesome to see get a glace treatment, but how much more impactful observing a middle-of-the-road EG or CJ, go from drab to lustrous.

Last edited:

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@bmulford

You raise a point I was thinking about lately, anyway. At the rate we are filming new shoe care tutorials, I'm going to run out of shoes very soon, anyway. Do you have a pair of shoes you want to volunteer?

flvinny521

Reaction score
@bmulford

You raise a point I was thinking about lately, anyway. At the rate we are filming new shoe care tutorials, I'm going to run out of shoes very soon, anyway. Do you have a pair of shoes you want to volunteer?

How about a contest to see the worst shoe that you could bring back to life? I've got a pretty strong contender in that category...

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GentWithoutaCent