• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does the Madison store ever carry the made in Italy stuff? Looks like I need to either go downtown or order online

Edit: I really just want to try on to see how it fits first

Last edited:

Turner

Reaction score
Anyone get selected for the Made in Japan shirt program? I got an email at the beginning of the month asking for my application, but haven't heard back since.

Got my shirt today, nice Royal Oxford with a standard collar, thicker MOP buttons than regular Kamakuras. Besides that I don't see the benefit of this line, compared to the regular Tokyo Slims. But I haven't worn it so far.

Thank you, Kamakura!

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Received mine yesterday, normal collar (pointed?) in white, which is much appreciated since i can use some more white shirts. Really nice soft fabric, not sure what it is yet, feel silky with no raised weave. Very smooth.

Kevin24

Reaction score
Just got my first Kamakura shirts today shipped all the way from the Land of the Rising Sun.

Just a plain white broadcloth shirt and as well as one in blue. As my go to white one is aging and my previous blue shirt has shrunk so much in the collar that it has become unwearable.

I ususally wear around a 15/15 and a half with a 34/35 sleeve length in say something like Thywritt or Brooks Brothers.

Kamakura's staff via email recommended their 40-90 size. However, when it arrived today the shirt felt a little tight in the neck and shoulders. It felt largely fine in the body/sleeves

I'm baffled as I had no trouble buttoning the collar or other tell tale signs that it was too small. While it seems like it would be way too large if I sized up one.

Did anybody else experience what I have if they are similar in size? Or "do they just need to be broken in i.e will this go away/lessen the more I wear these shirts?

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my shirt today, nice Royal Oxford with a standard collar, thicker MOP buttons than regular Kamakuras. Besides that I don't see the benefit of this line, compared to the regular Tokyo Slims. But I haven't worn it so far.

Thank you, Kamakura!

I received basically the same shirt yesterday. The MOP buttons are a really nice touch. I actually already have a 100 thread count royal oxford and the hand on the fabric is noticeably nicer. I'm wondering what the thread count is, but didn't see it indicated anywhere. Very nice shirt, and generous of Kamakura to send them out for free.

RevisIsland

Reaction score

I received basically the same shirt yesterday.  The MOP buttons are a really nice touch.  I actually already have a 100 thread count royal oxford and the hand on the fabric is noticeably nicer.  I'm wondering what the thread count is, but didn't see it indicated anywhere.  Very nice shirt, and generous of Kamakura to send them out for free.

A little disappointed I didnt get selected as I own 10+ shirts from them. I wonder if it was random, by purchase history or some other way of selecting.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little disappointed I didnt get selected as I own 10+ shirts from them. I wonder if it was random, by purchase history or some other way of selecting.

No idea but I'm guessing it's random. I do own about 5 shirts from them. Also, it must have been chosen from people who order off the website.

linstar

Reaction score
I have five shirts and got chosen. Got a solid pale blue spread collar. First impressions are that the fabric is really nice. Noticeably softer and smoother than my other shirts. Haven't gotten a chance to try it on yet, but definately liking the color and material.

Last edited:

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK so i've worn my new TSF 16/35 ocbd a couple times now, washed it a couple times.

it's like 90% perfect. i wish i could add half an inch to the yoke and to the sleeves.

so i want to try the NY slim fit, but the only size that would work is 16/36.5.

For all your multiple OCBD owners—have you found that your white and blue OCBDs shrink differently? I expect some small amount of shrinkage no matter how it's washed, but with my Brooks Brothers OCBD's, I found that the blue one shrank much more than my white or university striped ones.

I'm just asking because I wonder if I could stick with TSF for some colors of Oxford but size up to the NYSF and wash in hot and dry the hell out of another color to get it to shrink a bit to fit.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I definitely like my TSF blue OCBD than the white. Just feels so much nicer after wear and wash over time.

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But no noticeable difference in shrinkage?

I have a couple of egg-shell colored uni stripes (blue and purple) that have shrunk in the body noticeably more than any of my others (white ground uni stripes, butcher, and solid blues). I don't own any white, but probably ~8 ocbd.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads