• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cg23

Reaction score
What on earth are you guys doin to ur JE that matte black chipping is such an issue? Only chipping ive had was on the back of escobars obviously from sitting but even that is a microscopic amount of chipping

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

its pretty obvious they're black, no lighting thing would make it look black in all the pictures. Not sure if matte black though.

They are matte black. They are also smaller than any zippers we've ever used - smaller than the alma zips for example.

Last edited:

supremeanarchy

Reaction score
What on earth are you guys doin to ur JE that matte black chipping is such an issue? Only chipping ive had was on the back of escobars obviously from sitting but even that is a microscopic amount of chipping
Well for starters, it starts to bronze out on both the slider and zipper. Or at least that's what started to happen to my pitch black villain and grey dual escobars, which led me to selling them. And also, the zippers do add a touch of contrast depending what kind of person you are. The black touch is cool on those new sweats but I would've preferred if they were silver. Just my preference, though, so I'll have to pass on them sadly until this fall when more color ways release.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the hoodie and sweater. Looking forward to seeing how the color blends with my moon and charcoal items

Cg23

Reaction score
Well for starters, it starts to bronze out on both the slider and zipper. Or at least that's what started to happen to my pitch black villain and grey dual escobars, which led me to selling them. And also, the zippers do add a touch of contrast depending what kind of person you are. The black touch is cool on those new sweats but I would've preferred if they were silver. Just my preference, though, so I'll have to pass on them sadly until this fall when more color ways release.
i understand completely on that it's personal pref, but why are they chipping so heavily? are you washing them often or something because I dont really understand chipping or bronzing being such an issue being on the fronts or sides of garments except for the back pockets which are sat on obviously.

supremeanarchy

Reaction score
i understand completely on that it's personal pref, but why are they chipping so heavily? are you washing them often or something because I dont really understand chipping or bronzing being such an issue being on the fronts or sides of garments except for the back pockets which are sat on obviously.
No dude that's the thing, I just wore them for nursing school, going out, etc. Nothing crazy at that. I'm pretty careful when I wear my garments, especially things like hoodies, coats, pants, etc., whether it be JE or whatever brand it is so I didn't even really need to wash them that often. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Cg23

Reaction score
thats really wierd man, sorry that happened. I def hate when stuff like that happens esp when the stuff is a pretty penny.

bryanhsu123

Reaction score
No dude that's the thing, I just wore them for nursing school, going out, etc. Nothing crazy at that. I'm pretty careful when I wear my garments, especially things like hoodies, coats, pants, etc., whether it be JE or whatever brand it is so I didn't even really need to wash them that often. Oh well, c'est la vie.
I understand your problem about the matte black zippers starting to bronze out. My hoodie also had the same problem but it only happened to the part connecting the slider to the zipper, nothing big. Is yours even worse where the whole zipper is starting to bronze? Either yours is a lot worse than I think or you just can't stand ANY bronzing haha. It must be pretty bad if you decided to sell the piece.

drb1911

Reaction score
@JohnElliottCo - I like the plaster linen sweater and the color is great. Just a question...are the sleeves deliberately shorter on this piece???

LuckyG61

Reaction score
@JohnElliottCo

Is the flash dual zip in midnight blue a web exclusive? I was wondering if any of your stockists would be receiving them in the near future? More specifically, any Canadian stockists?

Thanks

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@JohnElliottCo

Is the flash dual zip in midnight blue a web exclusive? I was wondering if any of your stockists would be receiving them in the near future? More specifically, any Canadian stockists?

Thanks

This is an exclusive to our website.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have their linen sweater ship? My hoodie shipped but not my sweater. In the past this can lead to out of stock cancelation. Hopefully it's not the case as I ordered within the first min

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Anyone have their linen sweater ship? My hoodie shipped but not my sweater. In the past this can lead to out of stock cancelation. Hopefully it's not the case as I ordered within the first min

You should receive a separate order / shipping confirmation for the sweater by tomorrow. They came in a bit later.

WilliamTickles

Reaction score
Sweater sold out quick damn. Copped a couple extended mercers... Thinking about the sweatpants too but I wanna see a few fit pics first and see the plaster colorway in person

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads