• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Does anyone have a fit picture of the Cast Coast?  I'm 5'9 and I'm afraid the honeycombs would not align properly behind my knees. On the model who is 5'11, it looks like the middle of honeycombs are just slightly lower than his knees which looks great on him but not sure how they'd look on me.

You should be good at 5'9.

amorin4122

Reaction score
Still wondering if there will be any Escobar duo restocks, medium has been soldout for awhile now. Possibly new colorway releasing?

Last edited:

gunnerpunk

Reaction score

With JE black crew and JE Silk Grey crew neck

I know the bomber is very pricey, and when I got it in its original package, I was a bit nervous because it was so thin. But after wearing it. I really like it a lot.

So to each their own on how they feel about this bomber.

** I should try to pair it with the graphite jeans next on my bed haha **

dude i know you, haha. are those slp jeans?

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

For those that have received SS15 orders, did you receive a copy of the Research Documents? If so, was it Volume 2?

We are out of the Research Document, and have only produced Volume 1 so far.

Luciano123

Reaction score
Hey first time ordering from john elliott

i live in ontario canada, i was wondering did anyone from canada get charged customs/duties upon arrival of their john elliott items ?

thanks.

nickw207

Reaction score
@Luciano123 Im from canada, and they shipped with USPS (which is delivered by canada post) and they did charge me for TAXES only. No customs or anyhting else. However, if you don't answer the door and ur not home, they will deliver it back to the closest canadapost i believe and u can pick it up/ pay there

Luciano123

Reaction score
@Luciano123 Im from canada, and they shipped with USPS (which is delivered by canada post) and they did charge me for TAXES only. No customs or anyhting else. However, if you don't answer the door and ur not home, they will deliver it back to the closest canadapost i believe and u can pick it up/ pay there
thanks

just wondering
what did you order and what was your order total in usd? and how much was the tax ?

and dam was hoping i wouldnt have to pay anything upon delivery.

Last edited:

nickw207

Reaction score
thanks

just wondering
what did you order and what was your order total in usd? and how much was the tax ?

well i only got the charcoal villian and it was like 30 ish cad? (don't remember the exact price) and the villian was like 198 us. But then again, its not always the case that you have to pay for duties. I've ordered numerous times from places like the UK, USA and its really a hit or miss when it comes to paying on delivery. I would say its more like 70% of it i never payed and 30% of it i did pay with usps

helvete

Reaction score
Anyone willing to buy the following items from me? Message me if you're interested.
Dark grey Escobar sweatpants - size medium - worn only a few times (almost brand new) - $130
Black Alma sweatpants - size medium - brand new - $150
No, seeing as how your cornball preachy attitude might rub off on the garments.

Last edited:

Potsnu

Reaction score

thanks

just wondering 

In my experience of shipping with Canada Post the past 15 years, I've probably only had that happen less than 3 times.

You pay a handling fee of I believe $5.00 and HST on the goods. It's no different than ordering from Roden Gray a local Canadian retailer for example. You won't have to pay duties since the goods are made in the USA per the NAFTA agreement.

At the end of the day, the selection and assortment is much better ordering from John Elliott versus another retailer, I never seem to find one that has everything I want in one store.

The post office doesn't have the resources to check every package, though your chances are usually higher in January since the number of parcels being sent is substantially less than the month of December for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics