1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. mandresB

mandresB Member

Ok thank you!

2. Bertdinner2

Bertdinner2 Well-Known Member

Quick question...do u guys find that the crew neck tees fit smaller than the U necks? I have all u-necks in larges and have some room but it's a nice drapey kind of look. I could probably wear a medium for a more fitted look. Was thinking about buying some medium crewneck tees off a friend but then I looked at the measurements and thought they might b small since they seem a little but shorter than the u neck tees.

3. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Well-Known Member

The u neck does seen to have a bigger fit than the crewnecks. I'm sure the crew in L would seem more fitted than the u in L.

But if you can fit Mediums then go for it

4. mandresB

mandresB Member

I'm looking for a medium villain crew neck if anyone is looking to part ways with theirs. Just looking to use for work so I don't mind going with a pre-owned. PM me, thanks!

5. DrinkOrDie

DrinkOrDie Well-Known Member

I'm 5'10 all my U Necks are in Medium, all my Crews are in Large, the U Necks are longer in length and more looser IMO.

6. RetroFuture

RetroFuture Well-Known Member

Looking to pick up a pair of escobar sweatpants, for those with escobars, do you find yourself wearing grey more or black?
    I'm leaning more towards dark grey but not sure which I would get more use out of. Let me know. Thanks.

7. DrinkOrDie

I have dark grey and black and I seem to be wearing the dark grey more, it just looks so good with everything.

1 person likes this.
  8. RetroFuture

That's what I was thinking. My only slight concern is that with the dark grey, is your penis bulge (lol) more noticeable? I mean, these are fitted sweatpants. I know with regular sweatpants you can still kinda see it. Any issues with that?

9. sussi

sussi Well-Known Member

you have to wear underwear.

3 people like this.
  10. DrinkOrDie

I'm Japanese so I don't have that problem. #asianproblems

3 people like this.
  11. RetroFuture

But I'm Vietnamese and I have that problem.

12. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Well-Known Member

They have a slight drop crouch. They aren't that tight in that area. You should be ok.

13. fl1992

fl1992 Member

I'm 5'10 175lb and wear a large in the classic crew, does anyone think I'd be better off with the medium in the u-neck? wouldn't want it to fit too big but it would be even worse if it fit tight.. Hopefully someone close to my size who owns the u-neck can speak on this

14. optimaasprime

optimaasprime Well-Known Member

I have Larges in Mercers tanks it was my first piece I got, I order U neck in Large and ended up not liking the fit. I then got XL crew neck. Love the crew, the u neck looked awkward on me, I like like V necks more.

My recommendation would get the same size if you like the fit, uneck is slightly long long and opening is bigger.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  15. Joebo21

Joebo21 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

16. godforshort

godforshort Well-Known Member

just dont wear your escobars to the gym lol.

1 person likes this.
  17. leclutchjames

I say size down in the U neck. I'm an M in all tees and recently found I like S in the u neck more than my M u necks

@fl1992

18. helvete

helvete Well-Known Member

Speaking of u-necks and sizing, does anyone else run into this same problem with JE when ordering online:

I recently ordered two shirts, two u-necks in a size small (used to be a medium but decided to size down for a better overall fit)
    Got them both shirts in the mail
    Open the package
    Both shirts are labeled 1/S (as ordered) but fit completely different. The black shirt fits more like a large while the white one fits perfect.

I'm convinced the black one has been mislabeled, and this isn't the first time I've run into this problem. This has happened to be once before with the olive u-neck as well. Honestly, it's quite frustrating. Whoever is labeling/sizing these shirts ought to be fired.

Also, not sure how I would now go about getting an exchange for another small, especially when I run the risk of receiving yet another mislabeled/larger shirt in that size.

Here's the photo of the two shirts (both labeled 1/S) overlapped for reference:

[​IMG]

19. leclutchjames

Fortunately for me I don't think I've ever had a sizing issue as far as items being mislabeled

20. helvete

helvete Well-Known Member

Lucky! It's a drag. And I'm sure I can't even receive a refund/exchange because I don't have my order number anymore. Doubly sucks because both Atrium stores in NYC have sold out of the u-necks so now I cannot try them on before buying. Won't be ordering online anymore, though, that's a certain. Wouldn't want to order a small and receive an XL again.