• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People I would like to share with you what happened to me while I was trying to buy something from the marketplace on the forum, so you could be a little more careful next time doing business over styleforum. About a month ago, gut called @tokyocean was selling brand new John Elliott Lima shorts in black - size M. I write him I am interested and located in EU. He was selling them for $110 shipped to the States(he bought them on the rule of next sale) so he replied I have to add $23 for international shipping. That was no problem so we make a deal for $130. I also asked him if he can make an invoice for me and set a value on $50 and I will gift him the rest. So I had a proof of purchase with lower value in case I would have to pay import duties and taxes. A day or two later he said he ordered custom shipping label from USPS and still didn't get it. So I was patiently waiting. More than a week later and still no news so I wrote him an email and get no answers. After few email he replied not to be so paranoid and that the package is on the way to me and I will get the tracking number soon. I was already in doubt because when you ship something you get the tracking number immediately. After almost a month he finally admit that he still didn't send them cause he had some problems with international shipping and the package was returned to him. I just replied that I was already waiting for too long to get the shorts so I want my money back. Now he is not replying yo my emails. I will also post his last few replies via email. What do you guys suggest me to do? I already open a dispute on paypal, but in this case I can forget on $80 I sent him as a gift. Until now I had only positive experiences while doing business with people on the forum. I would apprecciate any help and suggestions. In case he won't reply and return the money he will force me to tell you his right identity. And if there is any thread on the forum about abuses on the marketplace, please direct me there.

And his few last email from where I can think that he is not planning to return my money.

"To be honest with you, what happened was that when I scheduled a USPS pickup so that they could pick up my package, they did pick it up, but the package was returned to me a few days later since USPS does not allow international packages for pickup. Pickups are only available for domestic delivery. I didn't want to disappoint you, so I decided to sort through this situation on my own. Besides, this is something for me to figure out. I know you've already faced your fair share of frustration, so I didn't want to make it worse for you."

"I was actually planning on sending you the shorts, still. Are you sure about this?"

"It's not big deal, man. I'll gladly refund you the money. I'm sorry everything didn't go as planned. If we had used eBay to complete our transaction, it would have been a lot smoother."

"Wait, you need the shorts as soon as possible, so I should refund your money instead of sending you the shorts? How does that work? Haha, I'm just kidding. Anyway, I'm sorry about everything. If you knew me, you would know that I'm not a deceitful person. I believe in and follow the golden rule. Hey, don't look at that one month as a waste, man. At least we were able to get to know each other more. I had a great time talking to you about certain style trends and whatnot.

"I would have told you what happened, but I didn't want to disappoint you, seeing that you already seemed quite upset."

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

People I would like to share with you what happened to me while I was trying to buy something from the marketplace on the forum, so you could be a little more careful next time doing business over styleforum. About a month ago, gut called @tokyocean
 was selling brand new John Elliott Lima shorts in black - size M. I write him I am interested and located in EU. He was selling them for $110 shipped to the States(he bought them on the rule of next sale) so he replied I have to add $23 for international shipping. That was no problem so we make a deal for $130. I also asked him if he can make an invoice for me and set a value on $50 and I will gift him the rest. So I had a proof of purchase with lower value in case I would have to pay import duties and taxes. A day or two later he said he ordered custom shipping label from USPS and still didn't get it. So I was patiently waiting. More than a week later and still no news so I wrote him an email and get no answers. After few email he replied not to be so paranoid and that the package is on the way to me and I will get the tracking number soon. I was already in doubt because when you ship something you get the tracking number immediately. After almost a month he finally admit that he still didn't send them cause he had some problems with international shipping and the package was returned to him. I just replied that I was already waiting for too long to get the shorts so I want my money back. Now he is not replying yo my emails. I will also post his last few replies via email. What do you guys suggest me to do? I already open a dispute on paypal, but in this case I can forget on $80 I sent him as a gift. Until now I had only positive experiences while doing business with people on the forum. I would apprecciate any help and suggestions. In case he won't reply and return the money he will force me to tell you his right identity. And if there is any thread on the forum about abuses on the marketplace, please direct me there.

And his few last email from where I can think that he is not planning to return my money.

"To be honest with you, what happened was that when I scheduled a USPS pickup so that they could pick up my package, they did pick it up, but the package was returned to me a few days later since USPS does not allow international packages for pickup. Pickups are only available for domestic delivery. I didn't want to disappoint you, so I decided to sort through this situation on my own. Besides, this is something for me to figure out. I know you've already faced your fair share of frustration, so I didn't want to make it worse for you."

"I was actually planning on sending you the shorts, still. Are you sure about this?"

"It's not big deal, man. I'll gladly refund you the money. I'm sorry everything didn't go as planned. If we had used eBay to complete our transaction, it would have been a lot smoother."

"Wait, you need the shorts as soon as possible, so I should refund your money instead of sending you the shorts? How does that work? Haha, I'm just kidding. Anyway, I'm sorry about everything. If you knew me, you would know that I'm not a deceitful person. I believe in and follow the golden rule. Hey, don't look at that one month as a waste, man. At least we were able to get to know each other more. I had a great time talking to you about certain style trends and whatnot.

"I would have told you what happened, but I didn't want to disappoint you, seeing that you already seemed quite upset."

Not much that anyone in this thread can do but just another lesson that it's better to just go through legit means. Duty sucks but at least you would be protected. I had a similar issue last year with a pair of shoes, only the guy marked the invoice as a service. Paypal wouldn't do much but I called my bank and they reversed the charge. I would look into that if paypal doesn't do much.

kevinhaughey

Reaction score
Midnight collection villain is the best colorway yet, the black zippers are so ******* dope. Can't wait for the F/W collection to drop, really looking forward to it.

aaronj15

Reaction score
tokyocean pm'd me not too long ago about midnight escobars. He wanted to buy them from me just in case they didn't fit me. I told him that the size he wanted was still available on the website, he told me he didn't want to pay tax and shipping since it's "expensive" for Cali. I didn't think much of it then, but now that whole situation seems fishy....anywho, sorry about what happened @sussi, hope something can be resolved.

tokyocean

Reaction score
Some people jump to conclusion way too easily. I'm a college student, and college classes during the summertime often are faster paced, meaning I'm left with barely much time for anything other than schoolwork. My schedule is jam-packed, and shipping internationally is something I'm not used to. I honestly tried my best to ship out the shorts, but the package was returned to me since it was incorrectly labeled. The next time I tried to send the package out, it was returned to me yet again because I paid the wrong price for international shipping. It would have been much more convenient if the transaction had been done through eBay since eBay offers an easy international shipping program; the seller just sends the package to the eBay center and they take care of the rest. I'm used to selling on eBay anyway. Besides, I was going refund the money, but I needed time to transfer the money and whatnot.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some people jump to conclusion way too easily. I'm a college student, and college classes during the summertime often are faster paced, meaning I'm left with barely much time for anything other than schoolwork. My schedule is jam-packed, and shipping internationally is something I'm not used to. I honestly tried my best to ship out the shorts, but the package was returned to me since it was incorrectly labeled. The next time I tried to send the package out, it was returned to me yet again because I paid the wrong price for international shipping. It would have been much more convenient if the transaction had been done through eBay since eBay offers an easy international shipping program; the seller just sends the package to the eBay center and they take care of the rest. I'm used to selling on eBay anyway. Besides, I was going refund the money, but I needed time to transfer the money and whatnot.
As I already said, you have enough time to do it. So that why I came here. I will tell everyone that you returned it when you will. But I am still waiting.

Nahmeanz

Reaction score
Is the Pitch Black Villain the same as the black one only the zippers are matte black?

Also, is there a styleforum discount? Just got a white and a grey Villain from a local retailer but they didn't have any black in stock.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Is the Pitch Black Villain the same as the black one only the zippers are matte black?

Also, is there a styleforum discount? Just got a white and a grey Villain from a local retailer but they didn't have any black in stock.

The Pitch Black Villain is the same Villain with matte black zippers. There is currently no discount code.

Vindeleon90

Reaction score
Help! I am from New York. Just bought my escobars from Fred segal over the phone. I did not know the original price before purchasing but for some reason is came out to $210? If anyone else purchased from here please let me know much much you payed?

Also @JohnElliottCo any idea when cncpts will be receiving their shipment? I am trying to get the villain but lost all hope for a size xl

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got my villain from Fred Segal. $200 + $10 shipping.
I don't think the escoabrs should have been the same price (should have been cheaper).

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Opinions guys--I was gonna be the Escobar sweatpants--which one should I cop--grey/black or grey/grey?

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saga about my shorts updated: the money I sent him via invoice was refunded today. Waiting to get back the rest. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads