• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Looks great! Now on the hunt for a size 36.

How's the stretch? Been debating between those and Coast which doesn't have a stretch, so not sure if they're comfortable or lose shape over time.
The stretch is nice and super comfortable, and I'm glad to have it on the more tapered Cast 2 fit since I think it helps with the stacking a little bit. I feel like they'll also be cooler for the summer.

I've got a pair of Cast 1 Carbons that definitely started out rigid, but have broken in over time without losing their shape at all, so if you love the wash on the Coasts, go for 'em.

blue2007

Reaction score

The stretch is nice and super comfortable, and I'm glad to have it on the more tapered Cast 2 fit since I think it helps with the stacking a little bit.  I feel like they'll also be cooler for the summer.

I've got a pair of Cast 1 Carbons that definitely started out rigid, but have broken in over time without losing their shape at all, so if you love the wash on the Coasts, go for 'em.

Thanks for the feedback on those.

Now need to wait for a restock. How often JE restocks jeans?

ASpec818

Reaction score

I'm probably a little too short for these, but I love the wash, fit, and feel so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Maybe just roll with a little excessive stacking. I hate the idea of hemming $350 jeans.. I think I'd rather DIY raw hem them, but maybe a regular hem would end up looking okay.

looks great on you. What's your height if you don't mind me asking?

kodz

Reaction score
I've heard that Escobar's stretch out a bit after wearing, do these look okay for the first wear? I'm 5ft11, 175lbs and took a size L but I normally have big thighs and a big bum, just don't want them to become too baggy after a while. Do I need a Medium instead?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

its silly for them not to restock the most popular and best color of the kake mock.

i dont disagree with you but its likely somewhat intentional ... keeps the hype machine rollign

look at nike/jordans and yeezy and supreme and any other limited items. they can release 1 new shade every season without oversaturating market and guaranteeing a full sell through. pretty genius but sucks for the average consumer

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

its silly for them not to restock the most popular and best color of the kake mock.

The sage kake was sold at a few other retailers along with JE. I don't think they will restock it because it was part of the capsule/pre-collection, which was supposed to be limited. JE generally only restocks mainline products. They haven't really restocked anything else from that capsule. I don't expect to see them restocking the Hanoi denim, so I doubt they'd do the sage again.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've heard that Escobar's stretch out a bit after wearing, do these look okay for the first wear? I'm 5ft11, 175lbs and took a size L but I normally have big thighs and a big bum, just don't want them to become too baggy after a while. Do I need a Medium instead?

Do NOT go for that Medium. Large is pretty fitted on you as is. Just wear it more low, otherwise I think it'll stretch to perfection.

bumblehair

Reaction score
Just got the oversized cropped hoodie in black. I wouldn't really call it black more of a dark grey. I like it however.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member