• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

obecity

Reaction score
highlander-the.gif
Oooh dang! Another pager 1er! This time the 3rd poster of this bulletin board. Absolute insanity how active the originators of this board have been lately!

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oooh dang! Another pager 1er! This time the 3rd poster of this bulletin board. Absolute insanity how active the originators of this board have been lately!

Fun fact: @OccultaVexillum actually started this thread and named it way back in the day. Then the moderators of styleforum moved a bunch of other JMM posts from other threads of styleforum into this one, which backdated the tread overall and now makes it look like Dieworkwear was the originator and first poster. Which he was not. It was OV.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Maybe Derek will finally return.

obecity

Reaction score
Fun fact: @OccultaVexillum actually started this thread and named it way back in the day. Then the moderators of styleforum moved a bunch of other JMM posts from other threads of styleforum into this one, which backdated the tread overall and now makes it look like Dieworkwear was the originator and first poster. Which he was not. It was OV.
Thank you for the history lesson Troika! Fascinating to know the pedigrees of the early posters and the origin of the bulletin board. I’m bummed out I wasn’t there in the beginning.

Jaymig926

Reaction score
Lookin’ good Jay. I wonder what name they came up to describe those tasty orange lenses?
Nice trucker too from what can be seen. I’ve got one on order and hoping it turns out OK!
Thank you sir !
I believe they are the Peyote Tropic
The Trucker is a Double Helix Western Pioneer from the shop Vancouver

Sandman3769

Reaction score
FYI, it's not the KLR in London, but a Ripley in Noir just landed on eBay

Switch out the lenses for the KLR ones and you'll be close enough without selling a kidney
I just got these back with the new lenses. I’m really happy with the results. Thanks again!
IMG_9643.jpeg

RonF

Reaction score
Picture is a Sterett breccia, much heavier than the Belvedere.
Not sure how I made that mistake. I was sure I saw a pic of a Belvedere. Sorry. However….the weight difference between those frames (Sterett vs Belvedere) is negligible as to how it wears. I have multiple Rawlins, Pinedales, Thunderclouds (a big daddy)….and none of them are too heavy to wear, or leave extraordinary skid-marks when wearing. The metal adornments are typically titanium, and thus ultra light. Often, such as on Rawlins, the acetate is carved out (beveled) to accommodate the extra LF metal inlay, making the frame wear lighter. The Sterett has paddle temples, which wear very comfortable (IMHO). All in all my LFs are my most wearable JMMs.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quotes aren’t working so sorry to whoever asked the question but Wesley are pretty comparable to Molino 55
I found Yves to be too big for me, but I think that’s more to do with the flat bridge because I wear Enzo and Belize and both of those seem to measure bigger.
Wesley seems to be a pretty mid size frame that should work on a lot of people, but I only tried the Yellowstone version which was brown bear (I think?) so it was a bit subtler than a noir or something.
I liked them.

D32169

Reaction score
Quotes aren’t working so sorry to whoever asked the question but Wesley are pretty comparable to Molino 55
I found Yves to be too big for me, but I think that’s more to do with the flat bridge because I wear Enzo and Belize and both of those seem to measure bigger.
Wesley seems to be a pretty mid size frame that should work on a lot of people, but I only tried the Yellowstone version which was brown bear (I think?) so it was a bit subtler than a noir or something.
I liked them.
It’s just like trying on pants, the numbers are a suggestion the proof is in the fit.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you sir !
I believe they are the Peyote Tropic
The Trucker is a Double Helix Western Pioneer from the shop Vancouver
Sweet. Just took a look. I suspected it was horsehide. I don’t need one so heavy (already have a Levi’s one in Buffalo leather) so the one I’m after is lambskin. I’ll report back if it’s any good!

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yves looked comically big on me, but my Enzos fit like they were MTM...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads