• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

ColdinMN

Reaction score
IIRC it’s the sister brand of Native Sons. Believe Tommy O’Gara is behind it. Although, I may be mistaken. I do recall posts by him in previous years on his IG feed.
Yes, I think you are correct.

Thanks for the feedback all. I’m going to return them, but if you’re looking for an alternative to JMM, it might be worth a look.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool:)
but forgive me if I don't see the fuss over a username as some are asking for a name change.
after all it is hardly uncommon for people to have similar usernames online, though this is definitely the first time I have encountered passionate reactions on said matter.🤔

only popped into the thread wanting some insight on the weight of Last Frontier V frames,
no "malicious intent", no "intentional usurpation", only passing by.
The only reason I might be ever so slightly sensitive to the name appropriation is due to an amusing event several years ago…

I was a rare viewer and even more rare poster on Film Noir Buff under the moniker ‘Rod The Mod’. Some other poster had viewed my blog and made some mildly disparaging remarks about it. Water off a duck’s arse to me - you post comments or pics on a public forum you’re gonna get some dissent. But then weirdly some other bloke signed in as me and started throwing around insults and disparaging remarks. Some time later when I discovered this I had to log on and thank the mystery man for jumping to my defence, but tell him and the board that it wasn’t necessary, I can fight my own battles and really don’t give a flying f**k if someone doesn’t like my blog! If this lad wanted to defend me he could have done so under any name so pretending to be me was all a bit strange.

As may have been demonstrated on this thread recently I can’t be arsed with internet beefs. Heated arguments with random no-mark strangers on a message board is a waste of energy and bandwidth.

What you need to ask yourself is - do you really want to continue with the potential of your comments being conflated with mine?😆😆

PS I don’t think LF frames are by nature any heavier than non LF JMMs. I have LF Rawlins and they’re probably lighter than non LF Dealans.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Welcome to the group. You quickly saw the wide range of personalities from sour to sweet. I have both LF 4 and LF 5 Steretts. Each weighs around 74g. A JMM competent optician can adjust the nose and temples to minimize the pressure on the nose.
thank you so much for the kind response🙏

Reaction score
I have many LF frames. They are no heavier than standard JMM frames. In many cases they are lighter. It really depends on the style/model. But the Belvedere which you pictured is not a particularly heavy frame. It’s on the lighter side of JMM. I have two colors in the frame. Very easy to wear. Does not leave marks on my nose.
thank you! 🙏

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Intentional usurpation" "deceive" "malicious intent"
this all seems a little much for me for a simple coincidence.
So I'm new to this thread, I might need some backstory to this other member who shares a similar username.
I am guessing this other member is royalty in this thread?

Dunno about royalty but been a member of this board since 2010 and on this thread since the early days.

highlander-the.gif

Reaction score
The only reason I might be ever so slightly sensitive to the name appropriation is due to an amusing event several years ago…

I was a rare viewer and even more rare poster on Film Noir Buff under the moniker ‘Rod The Mod’. Some other poster had viewed my blog and made some mildly disparaging remarks about it. Water off a duck’s arse to me - you post comments or pics on a public forum you’re gonna get some dissent. But then weirdly some other bloke signed in as me and started throwing around insults and disparaging remarks. Some time later when I discovered this I had to log on and thank the mystery man for jumping to my defence, but tell him and the board that it wasn’t necessary, I can fight my own battles and really don’t give a flying f**k if someone doesn’t like my blog! If this lad wanted to defend me he could have done so under any name so pretending to be me was all a bit strange.

As may have been demonstrated on this thread recently I can’t be arsed with internet beefs, they’re a waste of energy and bandwidth.

What you need to ask yourself is - do you really want to continue with the potential of your comments being conflated with mine?😆😆

PS I don’t think LF frames are by nature any heavier than non LF JMMs. I have LF Rawlins and they’re probably lighter than non LF Dealans.
thank you for the story, I guess I understand why it might had seemed alarming to you,
but after all we are both just using someone else's stage name.
as you can probably see I joined the forum few years ago and barely posted at all because I prefer to read and absorb rather than having anything to share.
Im not one for any form of internet squabble either, much less one over a username.
so you have nothing to worry about :), I hardly ever post or comment outside of times when assistance is needed.

Anyway, its a surprise & a relief to hear that the LF V series are lighter than the staple frames.
was worried the extra metals would make them weighty like a pair of chrome hearts frames.

D32169

Reaction score
thank you! 🙏

I have many LF frames. They are no heavier than standard JMM frames. In many cases they are lighter. It really depends on the style/model. But the Belvedere which you pictured is not a particularly heavy frame. It’s on the lighter side of JMM. I have two colors in the frame. Very easy to wear. Does not leave marks on my nose.
Picture is a Sterett breccia, much heavier than the Belvedere.

kwonster

Reaction score
I don't know where are you located but this optician has them in 3 colors: noir, oberon and graphite.

I know this store in person, was there in January. They're really nice and let me try a lot of models.
Thanks, I should have specified that I'm located in San Diego. Tried all the local stockists but none had the Donohu. Trying to see if there are any elsewhere in CA (LA would be most convenient) that I can check them out and try them on first. Specifically looking for the Noir version, but any color is fine so I can check the fit. 1269 has Noir available online to buy, I just prefer to try on in person to avoid the hassle of buying/returning.

Speaking of San Diego, local store in Del Mar has almost every colorway of Molino and Molino 55 if anyone is looking for those. I personally prefer the Torino though so waiting for the next drop of havana.

kwonster

Reaction score
Hello to the entire community.
I would like some advice regarding the fit of the Wesley model. For years, I have been wearing Molino 55, Torino, and Yves with satisfaction. I have a very large face, and glasses under 150mm feel quite tight and don't seem suitable for my face.
As far as you know, would the Wesley model be a good fit? Does it have roughly the same width as the aforementioned models?
Thank you, and have a good day.
Any comparative photos would be greatly appreciated
Wesley is listed as wide, but the total frame width is listed as 144mm on the website compared to 149mm for the Molino 55 and 150mm for the Torino. If I see it in person I'll take a comparison photo but just based on measurements it seems smaller.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is all just a question about which JMMs are going to work with you nose gear.

I usually take my glasses off when I'm sampling nose gear.

The frames just get in the way of my nose rings.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads