• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

swf999

Reaction score
I wasn’t picking up on anything suspicious from that fella, although nowadays you never know. I sometimes come off as too familiar with folx online because it’s my main way of socializing but I’m as normal as can be.
Asking for my phone number so he can send his photos on my phone? Bloody why? And why would I wanna lay eyes on some random geezer's pics when I never even requested them? It's proper creepy, that is.

garigo

Reaction score
Managed to find a brand new pair of Scarpa in Altan, and for a good price too! Shout-out to Vingerhoets-Optics.

IMG_8326.jpeg

Last edited:

oudwood

Reaction score
Hey friends.. I just bought my first pair of JMM a few weeks ago, and I wore them for the first time today and this happened:

(The gold "Jacques Marie Mage Los Angeles is already half gone. I was shocked that this happened for what we pay for these frames..)

I know some people are going to say that this doesn't affect the functionality of the glasses, etc., etc. True, but also I don't want to have a generic-appearing brand of sunglasses after the 3rd wear. Also what happens if or when I want to sell them, definitely devalues the glasses.

I bought from an authorized retailer in Belgium. Would JMM repair this and/or replace this?

PXL_20230708_173114453.jpg

swf999

Reaction score
Hey friends.. I just bought my first pair of JMM a few weeks ago, and I wore them for the first time today and this happened:

(The gold "Jacques Marie Mage Los Angeles is already half gone. I was shocked that this happened for what we pay for these frames..)

I know some people are going to say that this doesn't affect the functionality of the glasses, etc., etc. True, but also I don't want to have a generic-appearing brand of sunglasses after the 3rd wear. Also what happens if or when I want to sell them, definitely devalues the glasses.

I bought from an authorized retailer in Belgium. Would JMM repair this and/or replace this?

View attachment 1987535
Are your facial temples acidic or porcupine-esque texture? LOL

Second of all what do you mean by "generic-appearing brand of sunglasses"? That thing is inside and is not visible. Secondly you want to showcase please look at me I spent 800$?

This is considered as normal wear and tear. Tomorrow people will complain, I see a minor hairline scratch inside of a temple because of my pointy hair texture...

If the hinge falls off, sure that's an issue. But honestly, I don't even know what is consider as a warranty and who has gone to do repair work as part of the warranty.

oudwood

Reaction score
Are your facial temples acidic or porcupine-esque texture? LOL

Second of all what do you mean by "generic-appearing brand of sunglasses"? That thing is inside and is not visible. Secondly you want to showcase please look at me I spent 800$?

This is considered as normal wear and tear. Tomorrow people will complain, I see a minor hairline scratch inside of a temple because of my pointy hair texture...

If the hinge falls off, sure that's an issue. But honestly, I don't even know what is consider as a warranty and who has gone to do repair work as part of the warranty.

Look, I get how it sounds lol. But at the same time, I don't think it should be rubbing off after the first wear (for ~3 hours) you know?

I reached out to my authorized seller to see what my options are, if there are any.

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
Look, I get how it sounds lol. But at the same time, I don't think it should be rubbing off after the first wear (for ~3 hours) you know?

I reached out to my authorized seller to see what my options are, if there are any.
Yeah, this is common. It happened to my army molinos.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It is weird...
My Molinos are old, and the gold lettering is as clear and bold as the day I got them.

IMG_6062.jpeg

Edit: I also just checked out my Enzos. They are perfect as well, and I wear the crap out of both of these frames.

yunBW

Reaction score
idk I feel like you shouldnt be buying these 800 dollar frames if these small minor details will bother you might as well buy some raybans, end of the day they are just some plastic frames and go enjoy life with it lol.

Best way to maintain it is just wipe down every time you finish wearing it.

fmvazquez

Reaction score

View attachment 1987535
My Hickory Evans came like that, the golden letters weren't complete as I bought them.
The JMM reseller received two pairs of that particular model and both had the same 'issue'. Had both in my hands.
I assume it has to be with the 'Handcrafted' process, so the logo is not always as deep engraved as it should be. As a result the golden paint sometimes does not sit properly or easily goes away.
Honestly at the beginning was a bit upset but does not bother me anymore.
I did not have that problem with any other of my JMM even after using them many many times.

Hope it helps!

fmvazquez

Reaction score

razorfrazer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seeing how the Julien sit on you, I would give the Dealan a try! A must have for every JMM collection ;)
May be a non-tortoise colorway, so it is not repetitive with the Argyle.
These are pretty close to deleans!! I did try them on. Looking for a little more variety
In shape and color !!!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member