• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry I was in the middle of taking a sh*t at 3am and that's the first thing that came to my head. I mean then again, I could have said occulta's mom ass , but I thought that by this time you figured out that you're irrelevant.....soooooo carry on

@obecity if you want to regulate this thread, you should probably address the dumbest, most ignorant posts here. Just saying.

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
Well, I wear the molino 55 and dealan 53 as opticals. Those seem to be the upper end of width for optical. Sunglasses need to be a tall 60mm lens and at least 152ish overall width to look right.

Right now, I’m all turned around and confused about what is the correct width for me. (See my previous posts where I realized that pictures are not a representation of reality—they distort perception of actual frames-to-face ratio.)

Yes, I am. I have a similar plan of action and plan on using them as eyeglasses and putting in photochromic lenses. They will make a bold and fashionable pair of eyeglasses. For me proper sunglasses need to be blocking light from coming in around the lenses protecting both eyes and surrounding skin. Think cataracts and the cancers of the eyelid. So on my face the Earl is just not tall enough to serve this purpose and offer sufficient protection. Further, it looks like some Earl models are of RX type so JMM was thinking that these can be used as eyeglasses too.
This sounds like the right use case for the last frontier Cody

obecity

Reaction score
@obecity if you want to regulate this thread, you should probably address the dumbest, most ignorant posts here. Just saying.
I hear you, and I appreciate you, especially given that you’re a page 3er. Respect. I’ve been debating this very issue internally for a few days. Now just hear me out on this. Here’s where I’m at: It seems to me that Hannibal doesn’t instigate. He reacts. It’s like he’s the borscht in the pot. He’s not stirring the pot, some other feller is. I kind of sympathize with that, being that I too have been the borscht being stirred by others who come at me. I going to go ahead and let it ride. Besides, that feller has good taste in gars. That says something right there. Thanks everyone for agreeing and understanding.

Edit: “gars” is short for “cigars”

Last edited:

obecity

Reaction score
This sounds like the right use case for the last frontier Cody
NGL, you’re probably right. Those are gigantic frames that would likely be proportionate for me. I just don’t think I could pull them off. Takes a certain level of cajones (balls) to do it that I don’t have.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear you, and I appreciate you, especially given that you’re a page 3er. Respect. I’ve been debating this very issue internally for a few days. Now just hear me out on this. Here’s where I’m at: It seems to me that Hannibal doesn’t instigate. He reacts. It’s like he’s the borscht in the pot. He’s not stirring the pot, some other feller is. I kind of sympathize with that, being that I too have been the borscht being stirred by others who come at me. I going to go ahead and let it ride. Besides, that feller has good taste in gars. That says something right there. Thanks everyone for agreeing and understanding.

I neither agree nor understand.

But it seems like we finally have our answer as to what mouth gear these folks prefer with their JMMs: gars.

obecity

Reaction score
Ok. So here’s a wacky story. I was on holiday some weeks ago. I took my Costco glasses with transitions lens as my general use frame and for seaside usage. (My high end gear DOES NOT GO OCEASIDE!!!!) My backup and going out frame was my Yves with flash mirror and zeiss photofusion lenses. Well, when I got to my hotel, I unpacked.

Here’s where it goes sideways. My Yves were nowhere to be found! I went into panic mode. Did I not pack them? I thought I did. Did they fall out of my carry on? The bag was partly unzipped. Were they stolen? There were some unsavory looking characters lurking at the gate. I couldn’t do anything but wait until I got home to check there.

Here’s where it goes farther sideways: my Costco glasses temple arm fell off at dinner. Crepes! I had no backups! I ended up taping my glasses for my whole vacay. How embarrassing! People were gawking at me.

Anywhoo, when I got home I was so relieved to see that I never packed them. They were on my closet floor. Total old guy moment. Heck of a relief right there.

It ruined my vacation thinking I lost my Yves. They are the Black fade 1s. Recall that the black fade 1 is the original and better fade color way compared to BF2. Total collectors item.

Moral of the story: CARRY your glasses in a case in your pocket. Don’t pack them. Keep a hand on them at all times. Boom. Problem solved. You’re welcome.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you gar dudes style your JMMs (Jacques Marie Mages) with your leg and foot gear?

Last edited:

obecity

Reaction score
How do you gar dudes style your JMMs (Jacques Marie Mages) with your leg and foot gear?
Excellent question. Well. My strategy is to coordinate the color of my footwear with my belt, watch, and frames. Simple as that and effective. Feel free to use my strat if it works for you.

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
Ok. So here’s a wacky story. I was on holiday some weeks ago. I took my Costco glasses with transitions lens as my general use frame and for seaside usage. (My high end gear DOES NOT GO OCEASIDE!!!!) My backup and going out frame was my Yves with flash mirror and zeiss photofusion lenses. Well, when I got to my hotel, I unpacked.

Here’s where it goes sideways. My Yves were nowhere to be found! I went into panic mode. Did I not pack them? I thought I did. Did they fall out of my carry on? The bag was partly unzipped. Were they stolen? There were some unsavory looking characters lurking at the gate. I couldn’t do anything but wait until I got home to check there.

Here’s where it goes farther sideways: my Costco glasses temple arm fell off at dinner. Crepes! I had no backups! I ended up taping my glasses for my whole vacay. How embarrassing! People were gawking at me.

Anywhoo, when I got home I was so relieved to see that I never packed them. They were on my closet floor. Total old guy moment. Heck of a relief right there.

It ruined my vacation thinking I lost my Yves. They are the Black fade 1s. Recall that the black fade 1 is the original and better fade color way compared to BF2. Total collectors item.

Moral of the story: CARRY your glasses in a case in your pocket. Don’t pack them. Keep a hand on them at all times. Boom. Problem solved. You’re welcome.
Haha - happened to me as well but I don’t think the moral is “don’t pack them, keep them in your pocket”. I’ve had all kinds of things slip out of my pockets

Hannibal4242

Reaction score
I neither agree nor understand.

But it seems like we finally have our answer as to what mouth gear these folks prefer with their JMMs: gars.
I mean sorry I'm a bit confused did you just make a gay refrence ? So homophobic remarks are OK now .... just making sure that I can match your level of bigotry

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Edit: “gars” is short for “cigars”

You see clearly, it's not him who stirs the pot, but others who like to wallow in the slime, and they get what they deserve.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads