• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
its kind of unbelievable how Enzos are sold out almost everywhere besides in umber or breathe... and maybe a titan here or there... waiting for that next batch!

Do people not like Breathe? Probably my favorite colorway.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
its kind of unbelievable how Enzos are sold out almost everywhere besides in umber or breathe... and maybe a titan here or there... waiting for that next batch!
Had no idea about the Enzos.
Let the bidding begin on my Havana 3s @ $100,000.

45bur

Reaction score
I wonder when the next "batch" will come out. Site has been looking pretty stagnant lately

obecity

Reaction score
I think that guy in the pic has a small face. On me the Earl looks more like a pair of eyeglasses and not sunglasses. The width is like a wider medium frame. Not as wide e.g. as the 1980 or the Reynold. And perhaps that's why on the website these are listed as medium in width. Also these are not tall, which makes them look on me more like eyeglasses with photochromic lenses. All that said these are stunning in person and great addition to my collection. Now as the next step if I could locate the Felson in havana somewhere...
Are you a fellow wide-faced feller? I was planning on getting the Earl and using as an optical. I don’t think it’s large enough for sunglasses, but I think they’d work as an optical for a big-faced feller like me. (FGM, I’ll put photochromic lenses in so I can use them outside in the sun as well.) What are your thoughts about my plan?

obecity

Reaction score
Good info to have as a fellow big-headed person. The 1980 is my grail frame, but it seems I've missed the opportunity (aside from a single, sky-high pair on Grailed). I had plans to snag the Earl as it seemed pretty similar, but it sounds like Reynold might be a better move.

(P.S. if anyone is willing to part with their 1980 in Altan, I will be eternally in their debt
Brah! I have the Reynold and the 1980. Both are great for the wide faced. Heck, those frames are wide enough to make my fat face look downright skinny! LOVE those frames.

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
Are you a fellow wide-faced feller? I was planning on getting the Earl and using as an optical. I don’t think it’s large enough for sunglasses, but I think they’d work as an optical for a big-faced feller like me. (FGM, I’ll put photochromic lenses in so I can use them outside in the sun as well.) What are your thoughts about my plan?
how big of a sunglass do you need? I have a decently wide head and I’m worried it’s going to be too big… that said, I imagine the earl could be a badass optical if your head was big enough to make it work. Hovering at close to 150mm though, you’d need a big head. Maybe if hemmings works as an optical, so could earl.

obecity

Reaction score
how big of a sunglass do you need? I have a decently wide head and I’m worried it’s going to be too big… that said, I imagine the earl could be a badass optical if your head was big enough to make it work. Hovering at close to 150mm though, you’d need a big head. Maybe if hemmings works as an optical, so could earl.
Well, I wear the molino 55 and dealan 53 as opticals. Those seem to be the upper end of width for optical. Sunglasses need to be a tall 60mm lens and at least 152ish overall width to look right.

Right now, I’m all turned around and confused about what is the correct width for me. (See my previous posts where I realized that pictures are not a representation of reality—they distort perception of actual frames-to-face ratio.)

Jaymig926

Reaction score
Some Root Beer an oldie but a goodie !
IMG_5704.jpeg
IMG_5699.jpeg

joseph240

Reaction score
Yes, I am. I have a similar plan of action and plan on using them as eyeglasses and putting in photochromic lenses. They will make a bold and fashionable pair of eyeglasses. For me proper sunglasses need to be blocking light from coming in around the lenses protecting both eyes and surrounding skin. Think cataracts and the cancers of the eyelid. So on my face the Earl is just not tall enough to serve this purpose and offer sufficient protection. Further, it looks like some Earl models are of RX type so JMM was thinking that these can be used as eyeglasses too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads