• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jaguardragoon

Reaction score
Got my Roosevelts in today. My first pair of J.Fitzpatrick. Look pretty great. Feel pretty great.

However they are the first pair of shoes I've had where the lace gap is completely closed upon first wear. Any concern of loosening too much on breakin without room to tighten? They aren't very snug as it is, but wearable.

They also creased immediately, with about 30-seconds of being on. I don't mind creasing, I mean they're shoes. But other shoes I have made with French leather are barely creased through several wears. Is this typical of J.Fitzpatrick shoes?

View attachment 830567 View attachment 830568 View attachment 830569

Justin has his shoes very generous in the instep. Mine almost closed all the way too, but the fit hasn't been an issue as I break it in.

My Wallingford did crease on first wear but my Whittier took a bit more and the creases are still minimal. It could be that the Whittier has a thicker leather compared to the Museum calf on the Wallingford and it also has an apron stitch which stiffens the vamp compared to the medallion toe on the Wallingford. Nothing really to worry about imo.

Fatmatt5

Reaction score
Justin has his shoes very generous in the instep. Mine almost closed all the way too, but the fit hasn't been an issue as I break it in.

My Wallingford did crease on first wear but my Whittier took a bit more and the creases are still minimal. It could be that the Whittier has a thicker leather compared to the Museum calf on the Wallingford and it also has an apron stitch which stiffens the vamp compared to the medallion toe on the Wallingford. Nothing really to worry about imo.

Thanks for the feedback. I actually very much appreciate the room in the instep and the comfort of these is out of control good. I've just not had a shoe to this point that closed all the way upon first wear. The creasing is also nothing to really worry about, just also something that usually takes a little more wear to appear. I'm very pleased with the purchase overall and for $200 shipped I'm probably never going to find a better deal on a first quality shoe that is so comfortable.

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Fatmatt5 my Wallingfords close all the way and I don't feel that they've loosened as I've broken them in. Worst case I may add a tongue pad or thin insole. I have had early creasing on some of my JFP shoes, but usually it's just a line to form and set the toe cap on the first wear and that's it. I think it's a worthy trade for how soft and easy to break in Justin's leathers are.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I just want to say that I appreciate everyone's show of support lately and am happy to see new people getting into the brand. For those of that are already long time customers, I appreciate you helping the new ones and answering their questions for them as sometimes I refrain as not wanting to be overly biased.

All of your support means a lot to me and I hope that everyone always feels comfortable sharing their thoughts here, whether good or bad

-Justin FitzPatrick

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
After having had a successful launch to our MTO program, and giving a good year of make-ups, we at J.FitzPatrick Footwear felt that it was finally time to offer a deal on our MTO program by knocking off 50% of the MTO fee from now until the end of Sept.

Our MTO program is very flexible and there are many things that you can do within in, short of copying other models and/or creating a brand new pattern. But with a little vision, many things can be changed to create a very unique piece of footwear. We also offer very competitive MTO prices and getting them at 50% off makes them even more attractive (or at least we feel so).

Please see our MTO fees below (and remember it is 50% off of these and the fee is on top of the shoe's base price):

Oxfords/Derbys/Loafers/Monkstraps - £100.00 (ex VAT £83.33)

Boots - £125 (ex VAT £104.17)

Shoes over size UK12 - £150 (ex VAT £125)

Boots over size UK12 - £200 (ex VAT 166.67)

Surcharge to the models’ retail price (per pair). A 50% deposit must be made in order to commence production and the balance taken upon the shoes' completion. As we are offering a discount to the MTO fee, we will take that fee upfront entirely and when paying the balance you will only pay the 50% of the shoes' base price

You can also see many examples below of previous MTO's and even way more on the site (see image above of where to find the examples)

To place your order please email [email protected] and bear with us on slower responding times as we are a small company with only so many people that can assist with Made to Order and will most certainly have an influx of emails.

Thanks as always for everyone's support in the J.FitzPatrick Footwear brand!

-Justin, 'The Shoe Snob'

https://www.jfitzpatrickfootwear.com/

J.FitzPatrick Made to Order.png

j-fitzpatrick-footwear-collection-7-august-2017-hero-0049.jpg
j-fitzpatrick-footwear-collection-7-august-2017-hero-0128.jpg
j-fitzpatrick-footwear-collection-7-august-2017-hero-0171.jpg
j-fitzpatrick-footwear-collection-7-august-2017-hero-0216.jpg
j-fitzpatrick-footwear-collection-7-august-2017-hero-0262.jpg
j-fitzpatrick-footwear-collection-7-august-2017-hero-0341.jpg
j-fitzpatrick-footwear-collection-13-july-2017-0021.jpg
j-fitzpatrick-footwear-collection-13-july-2017-0064.jpg
j-fitzpatrick-footwear-collection-13-july-2017-0146.jpg
j-fitzpatrick-footwear-collection-18-june-2017-hero-0009.jpg
j-fitzpatrick-footwear-collection-18-june-2017-hero-0073.jpg
j-fitzpatrick-footwear-collection-18-june-2017-hero-0164.jpg
j-fitzpatrick-footwear-collection-18-june-2017-hero-0203.jpg
j-fitzpatrick-footwear-collection-7-june-2017-hero-0025.jpg
j-fitzpatrick-footwear-collection-7-august-2017-hero-0449.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some great looking MTOs there. Do those blue suede chukkas look royal blue in person, or is there a bit of purple to them? Seems like there's a slight violet element in them.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Some great looking MTOs there. Do those blue suede chukkas look royal blue in person, or is there a bit of purple to them? Seems like there's a slight violet element in them.

There is a hint of a violet element in the hue, but not a lot. It is very blue

Brovsko

Reaction score
I have a pair of Madison loafers in U.K. size 8 that I'm looking to let go of. Figured I'd ask here first before putting them on B/S. PM me if any interest.

- Brovsko

shoelearner

Reaction score
Good evening Justin,

Any plans on re-stocking the Laurelhurst - Burgundy Calf on 6 uk anytime soon ?
or maybe other colors (RTW) for the laurelhurst ?

Thanks!

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Good evening Justin,

Any plans on re-stocking the Laurelhurst - Burgundy Calf on 6 uk anytime soon ?
or maybe other colors (RTW) for the laurelhurst ?

Thanks!

They are actually on their way in to arrive next week. Did you want to PM to discuss getting them? Or you can just click on the UK6 and leave your email on the site to be notified as soon as they get back into stock

shoelearner

Reaction score
They are actually on their way in to arrive next week. Did you want to PM to discuss getting them? Or you can just click on the UK6 and leave your email on the site to be notified as soon as they get back into stock

Good afternoon,

I just clicked on the web site "email when available" button so that I am notified as soon as it gets back in stock, I will be on the lookout for it.

Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads