• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Wedgwood Boot Review. I could really summarize the whole review in a single word “Magnificent” nothing more needed. Ok I have to give you some more since they are more then a single word can describe. Design: excellent as we know Justin has a knack for creating timeless classics that not only get you compliments, but are fully functional in the real world. Sole: so far I like the city sole, I was not sure at first but now that I have taken them out several times I am sold on this sole. It is a great good or bad weather sole and seems like it will wear well. Welt: excellent just dead on craftsmanship. Leather: it’s like wearing durable butter, soft; the color is even and spot on perfect. Interior: great attention to detail even for the unseen, even cuts, accurate stitching, smooth seams and transitions between sections. Top of the line comfort! Footbed: well there is no cork that I know of; we hear hype about it making the shoe or boot more comfortable. But I sure have no issues with the comfort of all my J Fitzpatrick shoes and boots, they all deliver, all day comfort. Maybe Justin just knows how to build a better shoe and does not need cork. Overall: so let’s talk about the overall build quality. I don’t think you are going to find a better shoe at any price. Yes I believe that to find shoes or boots as good at J Fitzpatrick you are going to have to spend 3 times the money, and that is just at best an equal, just look at the attention to detail in his shoes and boots. So these Wedgwood boots were an absolute steal for the price. Negatives: so far I have none, they’re just perfect. Personal general thoughts about the J Fitzpatrick brand: first I wish I had found Justin’s shoes a lot sooner. For me his shoes just fit like he molded them for my foot. I don’t believe that of course, but I have a high instep and most shoes are tight across the top, sometimes boots especially with closed lacing hurt or can’t be worn. Normally with other brands I am stuck with large v-gaps or for boots I just can buy them. But with Justin’s line of shoes and boots they just fit my foot dead on perfect. Like I said I wish I found Justin sooner, as I have invested a lot of money in shoes over time. Now since everything I get from Justin fits so well I am finding myself selling off my other brands shoes and restocking from Justin. I really can’t recommend the J Fitzpatrick brand more; they are wonderful shoes and boots. You won’t find better workmanship and you surely won’t find a better value. Bravo Justin
Your words and support mean a lot and I really do appreciate you saying so on a public forum. It was and continues to be a constant battle to have made my lasts and shoes the best that they can be and to continue being so, trying to improve them all of the time. So I appreciate the fact that you see it and also feel it in the fit and comfort. Thank you for saying so. Enjoy all of your JF shoes and reach out any time you have more questions -Justin

J FitzPatrick

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Spring Summer '17 final drop now live at www.jfitzpatrickfootwear.com

Dear All,

Our final round of Spring Summer has finally come and we wanted to let you all know first as we are not going to announce this until tomorrow.

We have the following new Models;

1. The Roosevelt on the NGT last.

2. The Issaquah String Loafer on the LPB last

3. The Windermere in Caramel Calf on the MGF Last (sizes 9 and above ships in 2 weeks)

We hope you enjoy the rest of our exciting Spring/Summer collection and if you have any questions on the new models please do just send me an email on [email protected].

Enjoy!

LAluck5

Reaction score
Boy oh boy oh boy

WhereNext

Reaction score
Ummmm, that plum and charcoal Roosevelt is CLEARLY based on my plum and charcoal MTO boot I just ordered. I figure 40% of all sales being given to me as royalties sounds fair....
In all seriousness, the Roosevelt design is great, Justin; seems like it will be a great one for some interesting MTOs.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Ummmm, that plum and charcoal Roosevelt is CLEARLY based on my plum and charcoal MTO boot I just ordered. I figure 40% of all sales being given to me as royalties sounds fair....
In all seriousness, the Roosevelt design is great, Justin; seems like it will be a great one for some interesting MTOs.

Thanks TL!

Any plans on re stocking the Laurelhurst - Burgundy Calf in 6 uk ?

Thank you !!!

Unfortunately probably not until July as we just sold it 2 weeks ago and have yet to place a reorder

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are a few more images of the new collections to better see the colours;

Enjoy your Weekend

Simon

Both the Roosevelt and the Windemere are listed as caramel calf, but in all the shots they look quite different to me. If I had to describe it I'd say the Windemere looks quite redder, and the Roosevelt yellower or maybe browner. Is this the same leather that's been treated differently at some point in the process, two different caramels from two different tanneries, my eyes playing tricks on me, or something else?

Ballon DOr 09

Reaction score
Are the sizing different for NGT or MGF last?
MGF looks to have an elongated toe.

What size do you recommend for me?
Foot length 26.9 cm
instep girth 25 cm
Vamp girth 25 cm

Thanks.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Both the Roosevelt and the Windemere are listed as caramel calf, but in all the shots they look quite different to me. If I had to describe it I'd say the Windemere looks quite redder, and the Roosevelt yellower or maybe browner. Is this the same leather that's been treated differently at some point in the process, two different caramels from two different tanneries, my eyes playing tricks on me, or something else?

It is a box calf so in theory should be the same if left untouched. I did have a case where I received my stock, half of them were light and half of them were darker. I had to reject many pairs as they were nearly as dark as the mocha, but for the pictures you see here, that is simply lighting/photoshop. The shoes are the same in shade as I rejected all light ones and made them remake them to all be light.

Are the sizing different for NGT or MGF last?
MGF looks to have an elongated toe.

What size do you recommend for me?
Foot length 26.9 cm
instep girth 25 cm
Vamp girth 25 cm

Thanks.

The NGT and MGF fit quite differently. The NGT is more of a fitting last while the MGF is quite generous. And yes the MGF is elongated.

Unfortunatley foot measurements do not tell me much. It would be better if you could tell me what you wear now that is comfortable. i.e. all brands and corresponding sizes

Thanks

Ballon DOr 09

Reaction score
It is a box calf so in theory should be the same if left untouched. I did have a case where I received my stock, half of them were light and half of them were darker. I had to reject many pairs as they were nearly as dark as the mocha, but for the pictures you see here, that is simply lighting/photoshop. The shoes are the same in shade as I rejected all light ones and made them remake them to all be light.
The NGT and MGF fit quite differently. The NGT is more of a fitting last while the MGF is quite generous. And yes the MGF is elongated.

Unfortunatley foot measurements do not tell me much. It would be better if you could tell me what you wear now that is comfortable. i.e. all brands and corresponding sizes

Thanks

I wear UK7.5 in Mayfair last of Ramon Cuberta. I do not own any other marquee shoes. Thanks.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Do you have any untouched shots? One presentation of this colour is very relevant to my interests; the other, not so much.

can you email me which model you are after and I can go take the untouched shots of the size you want so that way you know exactly what you would be getting.

Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads