• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013

myk7000

Reaction score

Just a general question, are 484 essential chinos worth the price? Is the quality good and could they last a few years? I'd probably wear both casually with sneakers and to work

Decent quality, and the fit works for me. They could last you several years just fine from my experience. As for whether they are worth the price? To me, only on sale.

zxu426

Reaction score
Anybody see anything good in the S/S13 stuff yet?
Yes, and it's sold out already. The slim secret wash shirt in frosted plum (?) stripe. Was planning to get it during the next 30% off sale.

I'm also interested in the navy blazer with the gold anchor buttons and the glen plaid jacket. The spring-themed broken-in chinos look decent as well (pink/salmon, green, blue, orange/red).

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Yes, and it's sold out already. The slim secret wash shirt in frosted plum (?) stripe. Was planning to get it during the next 30% off sale.

I'm also interested in the navy blazer with the gold anchor buttons and the glen plaid jacket. The spring-themed broken-in chinos look decent as well (pink/salmon, green, blue, orange/red).

Good call on the jackets. I wouldn't mind the glen plaid myself.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spring/Summer continues to let me down... at least up to now.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i believe someone was looking for the heavy cable knit shawl cardigan in navy from this past winter. i decided to sell mine if that person, or anyone else, is still interested. retailed for $168 and i purchased it at 30% + 15% off. its a Medium. please msg me for photos and measurements.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yeah, S/S is never as interesting as F/W.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
This time of year is tough. Yeah, it might be good to grab some of those shirts on final sale for 30 percent off, but they seem so F/W, and I'm also more than likely going to want to spend money on S/S.

Unless something great goes on sale, I'm holding out for the spring/summer merchandise to fill up the store more. I visited today though and really did not see all that much that appealed to me. A couple of nice madras shirts but nothing I'd want to spend $75 on.

And actually, I really like thisWALLACE & BARNES NORTHFIELD JACKET..

But $255?! Is it just me or do the Crew's full retail prices these days seem a little absurd.

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Leather

Reaction score
Did anyone grab the Mister Freedom denim peacoat that was on sale for ~$200 on the website?

Arnold Grape

Reaction score
Anybody see anything good in the S/S13 stuff yet?

This sweatshirt is particularly awesome to me, but I've tried it on and it does not fit properly (as sweatshirts are wont to do-why is it so difficult to find a properly fitting sweat, by the way?). My main critique of the W&B sweat, as well as others going for a vintage appeal (YMC, Nation Athletic Goods, etc) is that they make them so they fit boxy and off the shoulders, which looks terrible, I think. Prob going to look for a Norse Projects raglan which will end up costing way too much $$.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

This sweatshirt is particularly awesome to me, but I've tried it on and it does not fit properly (as sweatshirts are wont to do-why is it so difficult to find a properly fitting sweat, by the way?). My main critique of the W&B sweat, as well as others going for a vintage appeal (YMC, Nation Athletic Goods, etc) is that they make them so they fit boxy and off the shoulders, which looks terrible, I think. Prob going to look for a Norse Projects raglan which will end up costing way too much $$.
Hmm. I have a couple of J Crew sweatshirts and they fit fine. Did you try sizing down one xize? I have seen this, and aside from already owning sweatshirts, this does nothing for me. It's just an overpriced sweatshirt. Meh.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

JilSlander

Reaction score
^ Those button hook closures on the Fireman's Jacket are awesome. I have a navy fleece Shawl Collar Deck Jacket with those exact buttons and this piece has lasted me 3+ years.

Glad I got it on sale. Fireman's Jacket looks great as well; wouldn't mind adding that to the wardrobe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads