• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

garmis

Reaction score
Jcrew threads are good because no one has enough brand loyalty (I think brand loyalty is dumb anyways) to not point out the good and the bad. Probably the most balanced threads on SWD.[/quote]

Except for Robert, of course.

Yes a Gitman L/XL could serve you well. Check out measurements on Context.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm loyal to JCrew and BR because they make nice close that actually fits my body and arms (Tall sizes). You guys have no idea what it's like being 6' 6" and slender. Most brands Larges are waaaay to short to fit your arms and if the XL does fit your arms it's typically baggy as hell on your body. So yes I am brand loyal to the companies that fit me.
blush.gif

Besides JCrew has some great looking stuff.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
I'm loyal to JCrew and BR because they make nice close that actually fits my body and arms (Tall sizes). You guys have no idea what it's like being 6' 6" and slender.

Well not really, but I worked with a guy a ways back who was slender (but not skinny) and 6'8" and only ordered from jcrew (or mtm). Now I know why. But he always rolled up his sleaves. Tall guys can be lucky because even when the body is too short it looks perfect untucked.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a couple shirts I have to roll up my sleeves with, but as a general rule I won't allow myself to buy shirts with the arms too short. Even if I like rolling up my sleeves as a look sometimes, I don't want to HAVE to do it. You know?

Quatsch

Reaction score
I'm waiting for the 2 button Ludlow suit to go on sale to score one. Now, there's the "worsted wool ludlow" and the "Italian wool ludlow." Obviously the fabric on the worsted wool is supposed to be better, and the worsted wool has functional buttons and dual-vents. What I'm most concerned about is the colour. The worsted wool in navy looks straight up grey in the pictures on the website, and I'm looking for a true navy. Has anyone had a chance to see one in person? My local J Crew doesn't carry suits these days.

Edit: Would you reckon that the "worsted wool" is heavier?

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hnlax
Just placed the order. I asked the guy to pre-order the red chambray shirt that is supposed to be coming out on 2/23. He put me on hold for five minutes, saying he had to look into it...

When he came back to the phone, he told me it wasn't a chambray, but the "selvedge utility shirt" in "sunwashed red"

Anyone else hear the same thing?

Told me it was $98 bucks, applied student discount yada yada. Also said its shipping in March (but didn't know when), which surprised me a bit because according to this thread, it's 2/23.

Someone else call in an order and describe the shirt as red chambray shirt and see if they tell you the same thing.
Looking at the site, I see that the $98 utilities are all chambray, so i'm fairly confident that i ordered the shirt i want (the non-chambray utilities are on the site for 69.50).

The item number for the shirt I ordered is 24053

I think the word "selvedge" means you are OK. They would only use that to refer to denim fabrics (i.e.: chambray).

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA:
For those awake(I can't sleep), the sale section has been updated with a bunch of stuff.
There are items I have not seen in 2 or 3 seasons.
+20% off code

Razeus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
PSA:
For those awake(I can't sleep), the sale section has been updated with a bunch of stuff.
+20% off code

hell ya. Been having things in my shopping cart I've been waiting for the extra 20.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I might get those cords now that it's 20% off, but I am not that impressed with the new sale items.
frown.gif

Fiddy

Reaction score
I had a couple shirts in my shopping cart, got distracted for a bit, came back and they were gone.
blush.gif

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
PSA:
+20% off code

Grrr, why does my store have no suits in my size to try on. The wool flannel ludlow looks good and would be pretty damn cheap w/ the extra 20% off and my size is still in stock... but I don't wanna take a chance on a suit I've never tried on that I can't return.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Once you add tax and shipping that 20% will disappear real quick.
devil.gif

revamp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quatsch
I'm waiting for the 2 button Ludlow suit to go on sale to score one. Now, there's the "worsted wool ludlow" and the "Italian wool ludlow." Obviously the fabric on the worsted wool is supposed to be better, and the worsted wool has functional buttons and dual-vents. What I'm most concerned about is the colour. The worsted wool in navy looks straight up grey in the pictures on the website, and I'm looking for a true navy. Has anyone had a chance to see one in person? My local J Crew doesn't carry suits these days.

Edit: Would you reckon that the "worsted wool" is heavier?

My charcoal sharkskin just arrived today. While this doesn't answer any of your color questions, if you want pictures or measurements please let me know. I got a 38S with 31/30 pants.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads