• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

eczerwonka

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the wool CPO shirt in stores?

I'm really wanting to grab one and I'm actually hoping it's like a typical Crew shirt and is much thinner than expected. It "looks" like it's much thinner and if other shirts are a guide then I'm going to guess it is.

I was going to grab a Fidelity CPO for half the price but 22oz is a bit much for the winters here in FL even on the days is does drop below 40.

EdenResident

Reaction score
Originally Posted by maritimetimetime
how do the jcrew xs fit? im like 5'6"ish and 34" chest and i feel that even the xs size would be too big for me.

JCrew XS fits like a (slight smaller) small so yes, it'll be a little too big for you if you wear very fitted clothes.

URALLMORONS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by eczerwonka

I'm really wanting to grab one and I'm actually hoping it's like a typical Crew shirt and is much thinner than expected. It "looks" like it's much thinner and if other shirts are a guide then I'm going to guess it is.

I was going to grab a Fidelity CPO for half the price but 22oz is a bit much for the winters here in FL even on the days is does drop below 40.

I just bought one. Super thick. Compares to IH thick flannels.

eczerwonka

Reaction score
Originally Posted by URALLMORONS
I just bought one. Super thick. Compares to IH thick flannels.
Thanks for the info. Not what I was hoping to hear
smile.gif
Ordered a Rogue Territory denim shirt to use as an overshirt instead.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the vintage cords, slim vs straight? Looking for something similar in fit to 47 501s, not too slim and not too relaxed.

pokpok

Reaction score
Originally Posted by eczerwonka

its pretty thick and heavy, i saw in person the other day.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Froosh
Anyone have experience with the vintage cords, slim vs straight? Looking for something similar in fit to 47 501s, not too slim and not too relaxed.

Ok, I emailed J. crew and they gave me the same measurements for both the straight fit and slim fit, which doesn't seem right to me...

yesssir

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pokpok
its pretty thick and heavy, i saw in person the other day.

Can the CPO shirt be used as a layering piece over a shirt or are they worn by themselves?

KPO89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thought
Whats the word on their suits?

I have one. Bought it deep deep discount. Had it tailored. Fits nice and made of Loro Piano fabric. Nice suit. Better than most department stores but for the MSRP you can do better. The MSRP for a suit on J. Crew is like $500 or something. Wouldn't spend more than $300.

Rule of thumb is good suit for a sale price but don't take the MSRP dive. Like most things J.Crew

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maurice Blake