• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhoKnewI
Got the woodland jacket. Probably their best piece of outwear. I like all of the details and the cloth is great. It fits a bit big, but I figure layered up it'll be good. Still, I kinda wish it fit me like it does the model on the website.

Yes, best jcrew jacket ever. I like my winter outerwear to be roomy, good for layering.

theuglylover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhoKnewI
Got the woodland jacket. Probably their best piece of outwear. I like all of the details and the cloth is great. It fits a bit big, but I figure layered up it'll be good. Still, I kinda wish it fit me like it does the model on the website.

I have it too and it does fit probably a size larger than what it is tagged as, but that's to be expected with J. Crew. Layering should help with the fit. The model on the website, if you notice is layering like crazy -- button down shirt + sweater and probably another shirt underneath it all.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by borderline
Opinions on this shirt: Too busy? Or potentially versatile?
i think it works. you may want to combine with a light a light color chino...like white, off-****, bone, or tan with a nice a nice dark colored penny loafer. it should also work with well worn or faded denim. i like it though...

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KPO89
Not to disagree with you Idee but I really love this shirts.
+1. Blue is the most flattering color.

Ideefixee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
I ordered this in a L-Tall and it should arrive with a few other items on Monday:

http://images.jcrew.com/erez4/erez?s...if&tmp=prdDtIm

I'm trying to limit my shirts with vertical stripes, but something about this one jumped out at me.

Idk, JMRouse, there's something weird about those pockets. Plus, how is the fit? I'd imagine it might be a bit sucky...

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ideefixee
Idk, JMRouse, there's something weird about those pockets. Plus, how is the fit? I'd imagine it might be a bit sucky...
Normally, I would agree. I don't usually go for asymmetrical pockets on shirts, but I wanted to give it a shot. Like I said, something about this shirt grabbed my attention. Don't know about the fit yet since I have not tried it on. Will let everyone know, but I can tell you now a Large-Tall from JC is typically a decent fit for me.

Ideefixee

Reaction score
Normally, I would agree. I don't usually go for asymmetrical pockets on shirts, but I wanted to give it a shot. Like I said, something about this shirt grabbed my attention.

Don't know about the fit yet since I have not tried it on. Will let everyone know, but I can tell you now a Large-Tall from JC is typically a decent fit for me.

Alright, man. Hope if works out for you.

What do gents think of the 'Fall Sale'? x__x

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Alright, man. Hope if works out for you. What do gents think of the 'Fall Sale'? x__x
JC sales almost always suck. They barely mark down anything and then SPAM people's email every other week telling they they "added additional items." Of course when you check, you won't find more then one or two new things.
facepalm.gif
Honestly, I am getting a little bored with JC right now. They seem to be adding less and less Large-Tall sizes and the items in that size they do add are getting a little bland. Maybe that's why this shirt caught my eye? It was something different that would actually fit.
blush.gif

Ideefixee

Reaction score
JC sales almost always suck. They barely mark down anything and then SPAM people's email every other week telling they they "added additional items." Of course when you check, you won't find more then one or two new things.
facepalm.gif

Honestly, I am getting a little bored with JC right now. They seem to be adding less and less Large-Tall sizes and the items in that size they do add are getting a little bland. Maybe that's why this chirt caught my eye? It was something different that would actually fit.
blush.gif

Yea. One of the cardigans (cotton-cashmere) that I was planning on buying was marked down like 15 bucks or something, which is cool, I guess.

J.Crew has grown on me a bit over the past year but... I've gotten a pretty good eye for designer stuff now, so I buy less from them.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yea. One of the cardigans (cotton-cashmere) that I was planning on buying was marked down like 15 bucks or something, which is cool, I guess.

J.Crew has grown on me a bit over the past year but... I've gotten a pretty good eye for designer stuff now, so I buy less from them.

I think it's good to mix in some designer stuff and everyday stuff. Like, I may wear a lot of JC shirts and I love my Gap 1969 selvedge authentics as my go to pair of denim right now, but I pair them with nice Italian shoes when I can. It's a weird mix, but works for me.
laugh.gif

Ideefixee

Reaction score
I think it's good to mix in some designer stuff and everyday stuff. Like, I may wear a lot of JC shirts and I love my Gap 1969 selvedge authentics as my go to pair of denim right now, but I pair them with nice Italian shoes when I can. It's a weird mix, but works for me.
laugh.gif

I know what you mean.. the other day I had on SNS Herning, Mabitex, Brooks Brothers BF, and then a J.Crew belt. Lol, it was quite out of place but genuinely worked with the outfit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads