• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J.Crew Fall/Winter 08 Discussion

bsyde82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ~Stangzorized~
I'm honestly going into JCrew more and more for all types of items.. Fit has been on point like no other, quality is good, and with the 15% student discount and sales they have all the time it's hard to beat...

student discount is 15% now? thought it was 10?

bsblguy31

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thats.mana
Anyone have info on sizing on there shawl collar pullover, I bougt a hoodie from them earlier in the year and could've sized down. Maybe I can size down with this sweater?

I picked that up for $35 on sale the other day. I'm about 5'11 160 pounds and I got it in a medium. It fit real slim for a pullover. I was pleasantly surprised. Hope this helps.

rxcowboy

Reaction score
Question for the tall guys with long arms: I'm 6'3 and 155, I normally take a 25 inch sleeve. Do you guys normally get a medium for sleeve length and then have it tailored for the chest? Or does a small magiically have long enough sleeves? The fit guide on the jcrew webpage seems to be a bit off since it has the same measurements for the shirts whether they are slim fit or not, so I sort of doubt the sleeve lengths are all the same.

kit99bar

Reaction score
Does the student discount apply on top of their 30% off sale items? I'm going to pickup the orange cardigan and a button down vest today
smile.gif

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Yes, it's an additional 15% on top of the other reduction.

kit99bar

Reaction score
sweet I just picked up a cardigan and a vest for only 70 after taxes
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AntiHero84
^ Yes, it's an additional 15% on top of the other reduction.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bsyde82
student discount is 15% now? thought it was 10?

Is there any way I could get that discount without actuallly being a student?

Also, wouldn't it be cheaper to get these things at more bargain-like prices online, eBay and such?

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could probably borrow a friend's student ID. Personally, i feel ebay and B&S threads are a little sketch. I'd much rather try it on in the store and be able to take it home.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yeah, I tend to like a more tactile shopping experience than I can get online. Plus I'm a little impulsive. When I see something I like in a store, I feel I have to get it then and there or it will go away. I've had that happen more than once.

kit99bar

Reaction score
My gf who is still in college came with me and they gave the discount to me. I was almost impulsive but I came home, researched, went back the next day and saved some $ after finding out about the student discount
biggrin.gif
Originally Posted by Robert
Is there any way I could get that discount without actuallly being a student? Also, wouldn't it be cheaper to get these things at more bargain-like prices online, eBay and such?

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if you look like you're college-aged they'll give you the discount if you just ask for it, even if you don't have ID.

SwedishFish

Reaction score
Sorry for being ignorant, but does the student discount only work in stores? I've graduated and look much younger than my age, but I couldn't easily convey that a call center person or their website...

genraidar

Reaction score
Being new here I decided to check out J Crew myself. It had a very small expensive section of men's clothing (nothing on sale in the store). About 85% of the store was women's clothing.

There is another one a few miles from here, I will go check it out and report back.

(In Birmingham AL)

I rather liked some of the clothing, but they had a much smaller selection than the website and nothing was on sale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads