• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J.Crew Fall/Winter 08 Discussion

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
Not bad for $17 a piece! (50% off sale prices plus 15% student discount)
My store won't stack the discounts. Or maybe some of the clerks will, but I feel cheap asking for an extra two dollars off an item that is already 50% off.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think XS is online-only.

Their website has been **** lately though. No good sales and constant malfunction.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Is the 50% off nationwide, or on a store to store basis? Because if it's the former, I might be tempted to give them a visit. Thanks in advance.

Smells Like Poor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Their website has been **** lately though.

It's not just their website. Their customer service has been one big clusterfuck. I've already had to call them at least 6 times about an order I placed in August. They initially tried to charge me for an item I never received. They then tried to charge me twice for what I did receive. Not but a couple days ago I received an e-mail from a J Crew employee saying my package was shipped. What's odd about this is that it was the same order I receive in August... I called them and they told me just to watch my bank account. Great.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
Which really sucks, because I can never find XS shirts in store.

Try finding a Factory store, your best bet for XS...I once found an XS linen BU at a mall store, snagged that **** on the spot...I think that was the only time I've ever seen one though. Part of the problem is that only certain shirts come in XS, check the website, and then call stores and see what they've got.

borderline

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Smells Like Poor
It's not just their website. Their customer service has been one big clusterfuck. I've

I have had great service. I placed an order and forgot to enter the discount code, emailed them and the next day they said that they would credit the card when it shipped.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I have had great service as well. They shipped me two of the same order when I only paid for one... More than makes up for any problems I've had in the past with them.

But seriously, I hope they do fix their customer service because I really like their new collections. And sales...

TheFusilliJerry

Reaction score
just picked up: Merino v-neck sweaters in merlot and pine, navy wool peacoat, dark eggplant cashmere cardigan, black knit tie, marled allover argyle sweater(called tweed argyle in the lookbook)

they've renovated the Garden State Plaza location, made a Mens only section in the store modeled after the Liquor Store, complete with books scattered around and jeans under glass. I liked it. J Crew is really stepping their game up as of late.

partlycloudy

Reaction score
I'm an associate at J. Crew. Let me know if you guys want me to look for anything for you while I'm in the store. I might be able to pick it up at a sweet discount. For example, this weekend is 70% off for all outerwear for associates. I know the beige trench and the navy peacoat are in stock. We have a bunch of University Coats too.

Note: A lot of the newer or more expensive stuff doesn't come to my store.

chiral

Reaction score
Originally Posted by partlycloudy
I'm an associate at J. Crew. Let me know if you guys want me to look for anything for you while I'm in the store. I might be able to pick it up at a sweet discount. For example, this weekend is 70% off for all outerwear for associates. I know the beige trench and the navy peacoat are in stock. We have a bunch of University Coats too.

Note: A lot of the newer or more expensive stuff doesn't come to my store.

Do you have access to the Millerain peacoat?

chiral

Reaction score
I stopped in today and went a bit wild... Got the oilcloth field jacket, an oatmeal colored shawl collar, two crewnecks (merlot and charcoal), a featherweight flannel, secret wash tartan, and a knit cap.

Stacked all sorts of discounts, entire haul came out to a little under 300. Pretty impressive for a jacket, three sweaters, two shirts, and a cap.

EDIT- This field jacket is a serious piece of business, I love jackets with heft to them. I could have fit into a medium but decided to go with a large, its the kind of aesthetic that looks better a little more relaxed in my opinion. Gonna pair it with my rescues and engineer boots tomorrow.

Carbon Copy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
^ Is the 50% off nationwide, or on a store to store basis? Because if it's the former, I might be tempted to give them a visit. Thanks in advance.

Store to store. I stopped at South Coast today (Saturday) and there was only 20% on sweaters and 30% on cold winter accessories.

skunkworks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Carbon Copy
Store to store. I stopped at South Coast today (Saturday) and there was only 20% on sweaters and 30% on cold winter accessories.

Wait what. Are they stocking menswear at South Coast again? Last time I checked they got rid of it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads