• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

It Will Be Cold Soon - Let's Talk Coats

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried on the bottom penguin one at macy's. Fit me pretty nicely, from what i can remember from last year. Penguin fits nice but those pants really made me angry with how they shrunk. I'll have to make a trip to the large macy's in san francisco to see what they have.

jmh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jovan
I love the understated elegance of this Magnoli coat. (Picture links.)

The coat is beautiful. And the price seems too good to be true.

Does anyone have any experience with Magnoli? How is their stuff?

Kaga

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Is someone paying you by the post or do you just live in very dark and lonely place with a Buffalo Bill-like alter to Ciro and Massimo. Should they be afraid? I am.
peepwall[1].gif
eek.gif

Who is this Buffalo Bill? Is he an artisan as well? If my memory serves me correctly, I have a vague recollection of hand work in his oeuvre.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kaga
Who is this Buffalo Bill? Is he an artisan as well? If my memory serves me correctly, I have a vague recollection of hand work in his oeuvre.

How many humps have you skinned today?
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jmh
The coat is beautiful. And the price seems too good to be true. Does anyone have any experience with Magnoli? How is their stuff?
Everyone at Fedora Lounge thinks he's excellent.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kaga
I believe he is a couturier. He is a real artisan fan who works for himself.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw a lot of nice Corneliani overcoats at the C21 in Paramus. I'm probably going to go pick one up from there in a month or so if they're still available. IIRC they were about $400 or so.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't know where else you'd find that cheaper. Banana republic has some black peacoats in stock now for $250. Might get lucky and find a 20% day at Macy's when you use your Macy's card plus a possible 10% extra if you sign up for one.

c55

Reaction score
I picked this coat up for $100 with free shipping at STP when the sale was on, a killer deal. I think it is still a steal at the current price.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/pro...ercoat-For-Men

I took a chance on the size as I'm usually a 40R, took the 42R and it fits like a glove. Very nice coat in the Isaia family of brands...probably same factory.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads