• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this how the Nudie RRDS should fit? (sob story + photos enclosed)

instep

Reaction score
Hi all, I usually live in MC, and this is my 1st post here in SW&D - so, uh, go easy guys.
smile.gif

Some background:

A long long time ago I came across a (IIRC) NYT piece about Nudie jeans. Despite not knowing anything about jeans and not owning any I went ape-**** crazy for them - selvedge denim was just hitting the mainstream consciousness, and 'wearing your jeans in' and getting a 'custom finish' were the coolest things since sliced bread. As they didn't even have a retailer in Australia yet then, I purchased a pair of RRDS blind over the internet direct from some seller in Sweden. I wanted to be awesome and cool, and all that miscellaneous good stuff.

Now prior to making my purchase, I did a search and... came across SF SW&D. Following advice I found here I sized down in the Nudie RRDS from W 33" to 31". When they arrived I was a little surprised at how tight and stiff, and well... stiff, they were. I wore them around the house for half a year without ever washing them, and did all sorts of maintenance/rough work in them, helped a friend build a shed, went fishing, punted balls, walked into concrete walls, climbed trees, spilled drinks, went through 2 girls, played air guitar - anything to 'break' them in, make them 'mine'. They were never washed, and only have had warm beer spilled on them.

Well then Christmas hit and I became a fat bastard, and the damned things didn't fit any more. So I put them back in their box, and threw them in a closet.

And forgot all about them.

Flash forward 2.5 years now, and I come across them while looking for something else. I tried them out, and while they have stretched out a bit, these sonsofbitches still feel quite tight to me around the groin. GF comes along and says - 'hey, I didn't know you had a pair of jeans?'

Well, neither did I.

Anyway, without much further ado - here are some fit pics. Is this how a pair of RRDSs should fit? Or will all the cool kids laugh at me if I leave the house looking like this? I honestly have no idea - I just bought into the hype back in 2007, and prior to that my last pair of jeans were given to me when I was 6, and were these MASSIVE BAGGY Levi's...

Cheers all - looking forward to some feedback.
bigstar[1].gif

nudies2.jpg

JaPo

Reaction score
I just find the fit generally unflattering.

They look fairly tight on the crotch and thighs yet saggy on the ass. The quadruple cuff with a large leg opening is kind of gawky, too.

For me, they should be more tapered below the knee, though I'm more of a GT/TF guy. I don't like the way Nudies stretch.

instep

Reaction score
LOL, thanks for that - the GF is going to be disappointed, she 'adores' how it fits me.

Any recommendations for a soft and thick, slightly tapered dark wash denim for a complete denim n00b?
smile.gif
)

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the leg looks not bad at all. It's too bad there's that weird sag on the seat/ass.

brimley

Reaction score
Give them a warm soak/wash, wear them a little lower, and hem. It's not a bad fit other than the moose knuckle, leg profile suits your build and footwear fine.

centrix

Reaction score
your crotch looks tortured

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think they look good. The only thing I would do is hem them, that mega-roll doesnt work for me, i just do the one.

Brigden

Reaction score
They look fine, albeit a bit tight around your crotch.

I'm shocked you don't wear jeans.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they fit weird. The top is tight in the front but looks bunchy and loose in the back. The thighs look dead on, but the bottom is too big, and the way they are cuffed looks awkward.

They're not garbage, they'd look a lot better if you cuffed them less, and wore them lower (so that you didn't have this crazy front back dichotomy going on.) Nothing you can do about them being a little flappy on the bottom, but it probably looks fine when you're moving around and only awkward standing still.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
latinphrases33