• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is it possible to get clear prescription lenses put into my Ray ban clubmasters?

CodeOrangekid

Reaction score
I have a pair of ray ban clubmasters and i am not entirely familar with the whole world of glasses but was wondering if anyone would know if it would be possible to get my regular clear eyeglass prescriptions put into these frames. On the page below i linked too it says prescription friendly but i do not know if that means just sunglasses prescription and what not.
http://www.ray-ban.com/usa/sunglasses/rb2156/901

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure - I had presription lenses put into some Persols a few years ago.

CodeOrangekid

Reaction score
Sure - I had presription lenses put into some Persols a few years ago.
meant to quote your response for my question, Does it matter if the frames are sunglasses or not? Because they do make an optical version of my frame but i already have these.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't really know. As long as they say prescription friendly they should work fine.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Possible? Yes.
Advisable? No.

It's curious how some of the best looking sunglasses don't convert to the best looking glasses:

Clubmasters = early Buddy Holly/ nerd
Wayfarers = later Buddy Holly/ nerd
Aviators = David Koresh

CodeOrangekid

Reaction score
Possible? Yes.
Advisable? No.
It's curious how some of the best looking sunglasses don't convert to the best looking glasses:
Clubmasters = early Buddy Holly/ nerd
Wayfarers = later Buddy Holly/ nerd
Aviators = David Koresh

Well my everyday glasses are a pair of wayfarer perscriptions, and i rock them quite well, a lot of complements and such. I always have been told i look better with a bold look.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads