• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iOS 5

epb

Reaction score
Well, it's almost here: October 12 is the release date. I'm actually interested to see how well this works...

Swift-panda

Reaction score
I've been beta testing this since it was first released to the developers. I have to say i really like it, especially the quick camera access and notification it just works so smoothly. I have also noticed a significant increase in battery life for the ipod touch. Although could be just me.

epb

Reaction score
Well, it's installed. I'll give it a run-through once it's finished copying all of my "Archer" episodes. :)

Logan

Reaction score
I've tried twice now to update. I have gotten two different error codes. 3200 and 3172, very annoying. It's going for a 3rd try right now.

Luddite

Reaction score
I am very happy with iOs5. Running iCloud on my Mac is more of a mixed bag.

My one big hangup overall is the impossibility of deleting photos from the Photostream. Every drunk town photo? Online, forever. Every cute photo of/by your ex? Online. Every stupid accidental photo of your shoes? Forever. Every pocket photo? Forever. Every photo taken by your kid on your iPad when you thought he was playing games? Online, forever.

(unless you delete the entire photostream and start again, apparently, which seems to defeat the purpose of it)

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how well-publicized this feature is, but iOS5 lets you basically add words to the autocorrect dictionary pretty easily: Settings->General->Keyboard, and scroll to the bottom to add what they call a shortcut. For example, I have "fmin" expand to "I'm running 5 min. late."

--Andre

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to enjoy adding to that....so that when i type ****....IT EQUALS THE WORD ****.

epb

Reaction score

It worked the 3rd time.

Not bad - it took me 7 attempts, but it went quickly since my iPad is brand new so there was nothing to back up. I waited until after the upgrade to transfer the data from my old one.

I'm seeing one glitch. When I go into iTunes on the iPad, not all of my content shows as previously purchased (Download/Downloaded), with no rhyme or reason. I bought 2 movies yesterday - one shows as available for download, the other just shows the price, as if I never bought it.

Last edited:

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well safari is noticably faster and the split keyboard is awesome. Glad I updated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads