• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inverallan 3A Cardigan Group Order (CLOSED)

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only thing I will say about under arm measurements is that I think they are useless, especially on raglan sweaters with larger armholes. That said, the sleeves are not long on these.
Originally Posted by kgmessier
Where can this be purchased, or is it long gone?
The only place to buy that one these days would be Japan. I am glad you like it, mellowfellow! You can understand why I was sad that it did not fit?
wink.gif

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This looks great Zis, thanks for putting it together.

Any word on the 42+ size pricing? I'm a 44L so I'm curious to see how much of a price increase I'd be looking at from the $280 (hopefully not too bad).

Tweeds look great. So many choices though, it's overwhelming.
confused.gif

Chip

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
The 16 inch underarm measurement seems really short, by about 2 inches compared to a conventional small. Any input?

Low armholes??

510kut

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Agreed. The 38 that I recently ordered was 38" in the chest, and therefore much too small on me. Islander- it's probably reasonable to assume that a sweater would stretch 1" in length when worn.

Of course, there will be some variation on something that is knitted by hand by individuals in their respective homes. But, I would aim for them being true to size.

It's one of eight colors between which I'm trying to decide.

Do you know what the color code for the blue tweed is?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by burningbright
Any word on the 42+ size pricing?
Just sent an email about it. I will let you know...

Originally Posted by 510kut
Do you know what the color code for the blue tweed is?
I don't. If you want the blue tweed in this photo, just put 'blue tweed' and I will send the photo along.
2u92w4g.jpg

510kut

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
^I wouldn't rely on those specs, they knit true to size

40 = 20" p2p

Any tips on which size to get if I am about a 38 in the chest but a 21 pit to pit? split the difference with a 40?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
If your sweaters measure 21 across you're wearing them too big. I'd probably order the 3a as a 39 or 40 so they do 19.5-20" p2p but have someone measure your chest again to be sure.

Keep in mind I don't own inverallan but have other chunky knits I bought fitted variants of and each one will differ slightly.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I presume the size has to be 38 or 40, so 39 is not an option.

Anyways, to the guy with 41 knits and 38 chest, something is measured wrong. Do it again.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
picture011lp.jpg

Oh by the way this might as well be an interest check. I don't really need to sell this but because the length is a bit short on my 6'3 self it's only been worn twice and someone else could probably get more use from it... if you don't feel like waiting 9 months. Not to hijack or anything but just as an alternative. Size 38.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by burningbright
Any word on the 42+ size pricing? I'm a 44L so I'm curious to see how much of a price increase I'd be looking at from the $280 (hopefully not too bad).
I've just received word that the price increase is 20% for sizes 44 and larger.

bakatora

Reaction score
ouch. looks like i'll be re-evaluating whether or not to jump into this.
frown.gif

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
I've just received word that the price increase is 20%.

This is just the bigger sizes right?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads