• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MrDraned

Reaction score
Hello,
My name is MrDraned. I'm 38, married with a 5 month old, and I teach full-time in Philadelphia.
In '05 I left PA to get a away from some things.
I lived in OR and CO for 10 years, and just returned back east in '14. When I did that, I realized my wardrobe was reflective of a much different lifestyle, and that it needed some upgrading (I was living a surfer and snowboarder lifestyle).
I'm currently getting into raw selvedge denim, sharp clothes for the classroom, shoes, boots, sneakers and all that stuff that will cause me to go broke!
Since I'm still new to upping my fashionable wardrobe, I joined here to get some tips, advice, and pointers.
Thanks for having me!

solelover

Reaction score
What up SF! Want to learn more about the latest styles and looking fresh.
I have a particular love for boots.
Have a great weekend!!!
:)

IChen

Reaction score
I'm a 25 year old Asian sales associate that works in retail and has no friends because I work in retail.

(._. )

T_T

Lukeshoes

Reaction score
Hello Styleforum!

My name is Luke Shoemaker. I work for a store in Michigan called A.K. Rikk's (akrikks.com). The focus of my position at the store is to help create a bridge between us and new customers through the internet. It's a pretty interesting place here on the west side of the state in men's fashion; you sell a lot of conservative Zegna and Canali. However, we carry a lot of Isaia, Eidos, Ring Jacket, etc. because we love it!

I'm here as a match-maker.

When we have this killer Eidos piece that our regular customers and clients aren't super into, I will find that piece a home. So if you're looking for something interesting, I'd love to help you out! Drop me a line anytime.

It's good to be here.

OliviaWillow

Reaction score
Hi I'm Olivia, a final year university student from Nottingham in the UK. I'm writing my dissertation on the growth of menswear and have found it so interesting reading these forums and seeing what guys are chatting about in regards to their clothing. If any guys aged 18-25 have a spare few minutes to fill out the survey below for my research I'd be soo grateful, it's basically all multiple choice. Thank you and I look forward to reading more threads on here!

https://olivia114.typeform.com/to/Z2HXx4

Syed14

Reaction score
Hello to the SF members! I'm a business student in late 20's whose love and passion for finely constructed clothes and shoes has been pushing him to learn and know more and more about the intricate details of the craft. Came across this wonderful community and read some of the discussions on the forum! Felt an absolute need to join the forum and be a part of SF! Looking forward to learning a lot about the two things I love the most; clothes and shoes!

Cheers everyone and have a great weekend!

FopTalk

Reaction score
Hey SF peeps!

I'm a 32 year-old lawyer, bachelor and writer from Montreal, Québec. I got into menswear by having to wear a suit everyday. I lean trad/prep with a dose of Neapolitan.

A few years back, I had some personal drama in my life and decide to save my sanity and rebuild myself by devoting myself to studying menswear, a topic I didn't know that much about prior. I thus approach menswear as a hungry student; I want to learn as much as I can about the subject (i.e. history, best practices, meaning, business, production). I don't really care much about the style sub-culure. I just want to know EVERYTHING. It might sound audacious or even silly, but I'm serious. This is my serious face.

My favourite brands are Luigi Borelli, Kiton, Brooks Brothers, JCrew, Ralph Lauren but there plenty of other brands I like and know a lot about but just haven't gotten around to buying from yet.

Been visiting SF for a while but I now feel knowledgeable enough to be worthy of membership. I want to be part of the community. I'm ready.

Keep it crispy, fellas. Cheers!

casadisartoria

Reaction score
Hello All,

Not really new to SF but never really posted much until recently so I consider myself ''new'' in that sense. I'm a writer and menswear enthusiast, writing mainly for my own blog (see link in signature) which I started as a means to share my sartorial experiences.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone in the forums and to be contributing more actively where I can.

Cheers!
Hamza

sharppockets

Reaction score
Hello, new to SF but also been trolling for a while decided to finally post. 24 year old corporate compliance officer for an HME company. started as a delivery guy at 19 and worked my way up. I have just started to gain an interest in men's fashion and been learning as I go for the last 2 years or so.

Currently the favorite brands of clothing that I own are my Strong Suits, Jbrand jeans, Stone Rose shirts, Robert Jensen ties, and Allen Edmond shoes.

During that time I have started to dabble in my own tailoring like making functional button holes and simple alterations. I have also dabbled in making my own pocket squares and lapel flowers. which I will share with you below.

Manchester

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a long time lurker, never got around to registering, so I've finally taken the plunge.

I'm interested in bespoke items, both clothing and accessories.

Would like to know more about where to buy items from, and where to have a look at ranges of materials, so hope that I can find that on here, and give back myself as well.

casadisartoria

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a long time lurker, never got around to registering, so I've finally taken the plunge.

I'm interested in bespoke items, both clothing and accessories.

Would like to know more about where to buy items from, and where to have a look at ranges of materials, so hope that I can find that on here, and give back myself as well.

Hello Manchester and welcome, I can certainly help out in terms of your request for bespoke items. Where are you based?

Manchester

Reaction score
Hello Manchester and welcome, I can certainly help out in terms of your request for bespoke items. Where are you based?
Manchester, in the UK.

Thanks for the reply as well.

Initially interested in shirting fabrics at the moment, and places to find a decent selection online, preferably UK based.

casadisartoria

Reaction score
Manchester, in the UK.

Thanks for the reply as well.

Initially interested in shirting fabrics at the moment, and places to find a decent selection online, preferably UK based.

I think shirting is a good place to start with before moving on to suits. Fabric choices are plentiful and I would actually recommend a few online shops that deliver worldwide, only downside is having to take your measurements and not having that human touch available. Check out the following online shops:

www.deoveritas.com
www.propercloth.com
www.indochino.com
www.moderntailor.com
www.mytailor.com
www.luxire.com

There are also various threads here talking about MTM / bespoke which will help you. In terms of fabrics for shirting, I've personally used:
Thomas Mason
Canclini

And I've heard good things about:
Soktas
Albini Group from Italy (They own different mills)

Best of luck!

Manchester

Reaction score

I think shirting is a good place to start with before moving on to suits. Fabric choices are plentiful and I would actually recommend a few online shops that deliver worldwide, only downside is having to take your measurements and not having that human touch available. Check out the following online shops:

www.deoveritas.com
www.propercloth.com
www.indochino.com
www.moderntailor.com
www.mytailor.com
www.luxire.com

There are also various threads here talking about MTM / bespoke which will help you. In terms of fabrics for shirting, I've personally used:
Thomas Mason
Canclini

And I've heard good things about:
Soktas
Albini Group from Italy (They own different mills)

Best of luck!

That'll keep me busy! Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads